"Great service!! Really Impressed!"

– Stephen , Leicestershire

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

Spreading Shoots

Question from Peter P Skellon

In forum: Prunus x yedoensis 'Shidare Yoshino'

My tree is only about 4ft tall and grew normally for 2 years but now huge shoots are appearing which reach down to the ground and spread up to 12 feet away on the ground.
I cut them back last winter but they have regrown even stronger this year

• Views: 24
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Thu. 14th August 2014 12:32
  • Last reply: Thu. 14th August 2014 14:54

I need help to identify a plant

Question from Bianca Gardner

In forum: Identify a plant

I have four small border / hedge style plants which have a pale lilac wispy spire. They were planted about 12 weeks ago and have grown about 5 inches. I'd welcome any responses and am struggling to identify what they are. Thanks

• Views: 41
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 13th August 2014 23:32
  • Last reply: Thu. 14th August 2014 03:36

I need help to identify a plant

Question from Bianca Gardner

I have four small border / hedge style plants which have a pale lilac wispy spire. They were planted about 12 weeks ago and have grown about 5 inches. I'd welcome any responses and am struggling to identify what they are. Thanks

• Views: 15
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Wed. 13th August 2014 23:31

POWDERY MILDEW

Question from anita

In forum: Powdery mildew

I have over a dozen rose bushes highly infected by this. It is mid August, what do I do?

• Views: 123
  • Posted: Tue. 12th August 2014 15:46
  • Last reply: Wed. 13th August 2014 08:07

Poisonous to pets?

Photo from Sophia Hamilton

Hi, my neighbours tree hangs over our garden and drops its berries which I've just found my puppy eating. The actual berry has a stone in it very much like a cherry. If someone could help me identify it so I can make sure it's not poisonous to my pets it would be much appreciated.

• Views: 128
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Tue. 12th August 2014 15:04
  • Last reply: Tue. 12th August 2014 17:40

Brown leaves on camellia

Question from Helen Tyas

In forum: New to gardening

Hi,
I have a two year old camellia. It flowered last spring but not this. It is in a large pot in the correct soil. Since early this year I've been noticing the leaves turning brown and dropping off. It is in a south facing garden but against a fence so it does not get morning sun.
Any ideas? I'd like to ensure it flowers next spring.
Thanks.

• Views: 53
  • Posted: Sun. 10th August 2014 18:00
  • Last reply: Sun. 10th August 2014 20:30

glass test tubes

Question from Gill Greetham

In forum: Recommended products

Anyone know where I can source some glass test tubes ideally about 20mm wide for the purpose of propogating cuttings, tried ebay but not the right size...any help would b appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Views: 126
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 9th August 2014 14:02

Unknown plant

Comment from Aileen

I bought a ribbon of seeds from franchi seeds (red pepper) as a beginner I planted the ribbon in the greenhouse and have fed and watered the resulting two plants. I don't think they are red pepper plants at all. Can anyone tell me what they are they have taken over and I should remove them to let some light in for my tomatoes but before I do would like to know what they are? Thank you. Just very much a beginner don't laugh please.

• Views: 88
  • Replies: 7
  • Posted: Sat. 9th August 2014 12:55
  • Last reply: Sun. 10th August 2014 22:09

Dalea purpurea

Comment from Sheila White

In forum: Dalea purpurea 'Stephanie'

where can I buy Dalea purpurea in the UK?

• Views: 20
  • Posted: Sat. 9th August 2014 01:20
  • Last reply: Sat. 9th August 2014 12:56

This is the continuation of the previous post showing the primula vulagaris error

Comment from Identify a plant

I bought 2 pkts of seeds from Chilterns this spring they were primula vulgaris & P. veris. They were sown in sterile pots with sterile compost & covered with plastic as per instruction. Germination was poor the P.vulgaris only 1 seed germinated the veris 3 seeds germinated. As they grew all were obviously not what they were supposed to be. I have been in contact with Chiltern & they plan to replace them but so far cannot identify them. For ease of identifying each plant I have named them cowslip 1, 2 & 3 the other is just primrose. So far only 1 listed as cowslip 1 has blooms they resemble a myosotis but the flowers are such small clusters with each flower being minute. Because I can only post 3 pictures I will send the p.vulgaris separately. . this is listed as primrose.it is now at least 5 times the size shown with a thick centre growth very healthy looking and no evidence of flowers. Thanks Dawn Griffis

• Views: 128
  • Replies: 13
  • Posted: Fri. 8th August 2014 16:15
  • Last reply: Sat. 9th August 2014 13:43