"Shoot is a brilliant website. Full of useful information. Use it."

– Dilys Millard , Facebook Fan

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

What is the name of this plant?

Comment from Megaera

In forum: Identify a plant

My friend used this plant in an experiment for school and she has forgotten what kind of plant it is... I would really appreciate it if you could help me help her .. It' is about 30-40cm tall, each flower has 5 white petals that look as though they are stained with a tinge of purple, and have been split in half.. I am not A plant person ...Thank you for your help :)

• Views: 33
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Tue. 15th July 2014 15:10
  • Last reply: Tue. 15th July 2014 17:34

Some of the leaves are yellow

Comment from Amanda

In forum: Buxus (any variety)

Some of the leaves are yellow

• Views: 14
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 14th July 2014 20:54

Snails

Question from Charlotte Cornwell

In forum: Pests, diseases and weeds

Can anyone suggest an effective, safe method to get rid of snails. They are eating everything.

• Views: 138
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 14th July 2014 18:23
  • Last reply: Tue. 15th July 2014 14:38

Wisteria

Question from Christine Williams

In forum: General

Last year in the late summer I planted a Wisteria Floribunda Violacea Plena against a south facing wall. It has flourished and looks wonderful, but as yet there are no flower buds in evidence. Is it too soon to expect it to bloom?

• Views: 99
  • Posted: Mon. 14th July 2014 14:30
  • Last reply: Mon. 14th July 2014 15:13

Ground cover suggestions please

Question from John Taylor

In forum: General

I have a couple of north facing banks (15 square metres and 24 square metres) and would like some ideas for covering it with plants. I could put grass there but wonder if you can come up with something a bit different. The ground is chalky and Ivy grows all over the place very easily.

• Views: 108
  • Posted: Mon. 14th July 2014 09:02
  • Last reply: Mon. 14th July 2014 14:30

Plant ID request..

Comment from Judi the Gardener

Visiting a beautiful garden in Benington, Herts recently and discovered this beauty.. but which variety of Geranium is it? Would be wonderful if someone knew this one! Many thanks, Judi.. :-)

• Views: 201
  • Posted: Sun. 13th July 2014 21:10
  • Last reply: Thu. 17th July 2014 12:36

Help with Garden Design Tool

Question from Brian McHale

In forum: Garden design

After giving up on the design tool on several previous occasions I have tried again (without success) to even get a curved lawn onto my garden design. The help manual does not appear to be very user friendly - I am following the instructions but still without success. Is there anyone out there that can advise or help me please? I am looking to totally re-design my small garden which has 90 odd herbaceous in it. It seems a shame being a member if I have to buy or try another sites design tool. Perhaps as others have mentioned some online tutorials might be useful?

• Views: 49
  • Posted: Sun. 13th July 2014 15:20
  • Last reply: Sun. 13th July 2014 16:53

PATIO PRINCESS - FUCHSIA

Question from Christine Lane

In forum: Fuchsia 'Patio Princess'

I have just bought 3 small plants of the Patio Princess. Can anyone advise if they are hardy and will last into next year or are they just for one season? I aim to put the three together into one large container. Is this the correct thing to do?

• Views: 18
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sun. 13th July 2014 08:21

Shrub ID please!

Photo from lynchpop

Can anyone help identify this plant? It was given to me by my mum as a clematis but I'm not convinced! Has grown very quickly without much attention. No flowers as yet. Almost 5ft tall. Any help much appreciated!

• Views: 150
  • Posted: Sat. 12th July 2014 15:06
  • Last reply: Sat. 12th July 2014 16:56

Berberis Helmand Pillar

Question from sue

In forum: Pests, diseases and weeds

Help, can someone please tell what is wrong with my plant, over the last 3 days the leaves have begun to go brittle and fall off, I did move the plant pot 3 weeks ago about a foot from it's position, now it looks like it is dying, not treated it any differently.

• Views: 33
  • Posted: Sat. 12th July 2014 12:28
  • Last reply: Mon. 14th July 2014 17:41