"I love Shoot. VERY helpful for someone like me with a black thumb and green dreams:)"

– Angela , Ayrshire

Who can sell me a plant?

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

This is a forum for people who are searching for a plant for sale and Shoot does not currently hold a supplier name.

Total number of topics in this forum: 21

Parahebe catarractae

Question from Andrea Goodheart

Saw this plant at RHS Rosemoor last week and fell in love. Can anybody tell me where I can buy it? It has a lovely starry form.

• Views: 464
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Thu. 8th September 2011 17:25
  • Last reply: Wed. 9th May 2012 16:17

Leucophyta brownii

Question from Peter Haine

Anyone know where I can buy these plants, or seeds of them, in England?

• Views: 409
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Mon. 25th July 2011 17:25
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th July 2011 21:06

Clematis: Repens / Twinkle Bell / Armandii Appleblossom (all evergreens)

Question from Tara

Hello

Does anyone have any of these 3 evergreen clematis for sale please? I live in Devon, UK.

Many thanks
Tara

• Views: 1316
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sun. 3rd July 2011 23:26
  • Last reply: Thu. 17th May 2012 09:41

New plant supplier maps

Comment from Nicola

Hi all, we just launched a new feature for full members of Shoot. You can now login and if you are a paid member of the site find plant suppliers close to you! We hope you like this new service.
All the best Nicola

Click the thumbnails to see a larger verison of the new maps below.

• Views: 675
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 16th May 2011 16:44

New plant supplier maps

Comment from Nicola

Hi all, we just launched a new feature for full members of Shoot. You can now login and if you are a paid member of the site find plant suppliers close to you! We hope you like this new service. All the best Nicola

• Views: 257
  • Posted: Mon. 16th May 2011 16:43

hypericum hidicote

Comment from peggy shreve

I am now looking for a hypericum HIDICOTE shrub. Would like it to be as large as possible.

Peggy Shreve in California, USA.

• Views: 435
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 9th May 2011 04:32
  • Last reply: Tue. 10th May 2011 19:16

hypericum rowallane

Question from peggy shreve

I am looking for hypericum rowallane. I live in the USA. In California.

Peggy.

• Views: 282
  • Posted: Fri. 6th May 2011 19:56

Where can I obtain Escallonia Illinita (curry plant)

Question from Steve

I have seen this plant in Chester Zoo and it does smell strongly of curry. Does anyone know where I can get this variety from?
Thanks

• Views: 617
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 29th April 2011 10:35
  • Last reply: Mon. 9th May 2011 08:12

50% off camellias Trehane Nursery (starts March 26th)

Comment from Nicola

The Trehane Nursery annual camellia sale begins on 26th March and the nursery is expecting a bumper year as camellias enjoy renewed popularity across the UK.

“We’ve got some interesting varieties in the sale this year,” said Trehane’s Nursery Manager, Lorraine Keets. “Our 5 litre (60-90cm high) sale stock includes the sweetly scented Apple Blossom with its delicate single white flowers and the shiny, bright red Ruddigore. My personal sale favourite however is the fragrant pinky/white Scentuous. Its small peony flower is really pretty and it can easily be grown to form a wonderfully scented, and at these costs very reasonable priced, hedge.

“We also have plenty of 10 litre ( 90-120cm high) stock available, including two good upright varieties, the formal double pink, Desire and the blush white, Commander Mulroy.

“This will be the 16th sale I’ve been involved with at Trehanes,” said Lorraine. “And I’m predicting that it will be our busiest. Camellias are back in vogue and everyone is looking for a bargain.”

The Trehane Nursery sale starts at 10am on Saturday 26th March and runs until the end of April, stock permitting. The nursery is on Stapehill Road at Hampreston, near Wimborne, next door to Knoll Gardens.

Trehane Nursery opens seven days a week, Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 4.30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am – 4.00pm.

• Views: 1030
  • Posted: Wed. 2nd March 2011 12:55

Ideas for planting along a new closeboard fence

Comment from Maggie

We have removed an old out-of-control laurel hedge and now have a blank canvas. I am a beginner gardener so would really appreciate some ideas. There is a mature damson tree left but apart from that it's empty. The border is south east facing, 23m long and about 1.5m deep. The soil is neutral/acid (since originally leaving this post when I said it was alkaline I have bought a soil testing rod and tested it more accurately). I would like to plant a varied mixture of trees/shrubs, most of which will make the birds happy (again!), and which will not require masses of time to maintain.

• Views: 832
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Tue. 8th February 2011 09:24
  • Last reply: Tue. 8th February 2011 12:16