"Telling all my gardening friends to join Shoot."

– Julie Grant , Hatfield

Garden design

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 102

Plants flowering throughout the year

Question from James Carr

My family and I are opening a camping and caravan site in Tissington Derbyshire later this year. We need some plants to put around the roadside and gateway that will flower throughout the year so it is nice and colourful. Can anyone recommend any plants we should look out for that will flower year after year some for spring some for summer and some for autumn. Thank James

• Views: 114
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sat. 7th June 2014 21:37
  • Last reply: Mon. 9th June 2014 13:48

how do i create more than one plan

Question from HELEN DUNN

how do i create more than one plan for garden
i spent ages creating a plan for my back garden-got it as i wanted, tried to create another plan for side garden and lost my original back garden as i couldn't find a save as

• Views: 70
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Fri. 23rd May 2014 13:17
  • Last reply: Fri. 23rd May 2014 14:25

How to use garden planner

Question from doodleflip

Hi
Just signed up to try the garden planner - with only 48hrs to try it to see if I like it I want to get the most out of the time, however, apart from the wordy user manual I cannot find any videos/demos etc of how to use this planner, how to add plants or search for them or what to expect. There are lots of people saying it is good but I cannot find any more info.
I am desperate to get a decent garden planner as I have an acre of land in Loire Valley in France which has its own little vinyard and I want to design a potager, fruit garden, wild flower areas, fruit trees and formal garden plot!
Links to where I can see this software in action etc would be much appreciated.

• Views: 1003
  • Posted: Sat. 26th April 2014 15:50
  • Last reply: Sun. 27th April 2014 08:45

iPad garden design

Question from Neale

I have subscribed for a year intending to try and redesign my garden. The design part of programme doesn't seem to open on my iPad. Am I doing something wrong.

• Views: 121
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Fri. 25th April 2014 18:25
  • Last reply: Fri. 13th June 2014 16:26

iPad garden design

Question from Neale

I have subscribed for a year intending to try and redesign my garden. The design part of programme doesn't seem to open on my iPad. Am I doing something wrong.

• Views: 61
  • Posted: Fri. 25th April 2014 18:24
  • Last reply: Fri. 25th April 2014 19:18

Are you creating your dream garden? Would you like to appear on BBC 2 and get help from one of the best in the business?

General post from Jessica Gomez

Do you want to recreate your favourite place, holiday destination, era or theme on your own patch of land? Or anything else exciting and beautiful?

Monty Don is making a new series for BBC 2 about people who are planning extraordinary gardens in ordinary plots.

If you fit any of the above criteria and would like to achieve your garden ambitions with a little help from the UK's favourite gardener please get in touch.

If you are interested in taking part or would like to learn more please contact jessica.gomez@liontv.co.uk.

• Views: 1658
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Wed. 24th July 2013 17:44
  • Last reply: Thu. 25th July 2013 12:00

would this stop squirrels eating my bulbs

Comment from mrs finch

I have tried parrafin, bone meal, deep planting sharp grit, but still the squirrels get my tulip bulbs. i read that they do not like daffodil bulbs, so would it work if i deep plant a tulip and then put a few miniture daffodils higher up, would the smell of the daffodil hide the tulip?

• Views: 220
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 13th July 2013 22:41

newbie cannot even draw a bed properly

Comment from mrs finch

well i started to enter my first bed. turned the ruler on. i expected the numbers on the ruler to correspond to the measurements showing up on the pop up window on the right. I have tried changing the grid size but that did not work. the box on the right shows the correct measurements for my bed, but the ruler does not. How do i get them to match?

• Views: 165
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 13th July 2013 09:32
  • Last reply: Wed. 5th February 2014 12:44

Flowering Shrub

Question from Ian Betteridge

Hi,

I have a section in the garden that contains two trees, so the ground itself gets some rare sunshine in the day (no more than 2 hours), but equally the ground is dry.

I'm looking for a nice climber for privacy and one that flowers in summer. But of course has to cope with the shady, dry conditions.

I have attached some pictures for anyone to help.

Many thanks,
Ian

• Views: 196
  • Posted: Sat. 8th June 2013 21:31
  • Last reply: Mon. 10th June 2013 17:09

MY GARDEN PLANNER

General post from ANNA ALTANA

I love this site and am glad I subscribed BUT Im having a nightmare with the Garden Design programme. I created my garden shape to scale etc but it doesn't seem to zoom to screen size. I find myself fiddling about with a tiny rectangle and that's no good to me. Any ideas????

• Views: 216
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Fri. 31st May 2013 11:19
  • Last reply: Wed. 5th February 2014 12:00