We are processing your monitoring request...
Go to the Abies koreana details page
Total number of topics in this forum: 2
General post from
Many thanks for your reply, well actually we are not sure when the tree was planted as we just moved to this address last January, but as the house was constructed 15 years ago it cannot be more than 15 years since planted. To answer your questions:
1. I have examined the foliage and cannot see any sign of Aphids or other pests, although I am recently advised that there are Aphid species that bury into the trunk or branches and these can cause conifers to lose their foliage, no visible sign of this.
2. No adverse weather here since last winter although we did have about 110mm of rain over a 2 week period.
3. No garden or adjaent structural work that might affect the root system.
4. I have recently scarified the lawn area where the tree is located and did use an autumn feed and weed dressing a week or so back, I do not think this can be the cause as did the same in the spring and no adverse effect on the tree.
And so to summarise, I am still lost for ideas!!
Many thanks again
- Views: 380
- Replies: 1
- Posted: Tue. 5th October 2010 09:48
- Last reply: Mon. 8th November 2010 15:38
Why is my Abies Koreana (12ft height) and previously looking very stunning, healthy with a good crop of cones and overall spring and summer growth, suddenly showing the inner (closest to the trunk) needles going yellow and dying with this problem spreading outward along the branches, I am devastated!
- Views: 383
- Replies: 1
- Posted: Sun. 3rd October 2010 12:49
- Last reply: Mon. 4th October 2010 19:33