– Julie Grant , Hatfield

What the Flower??

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Angela Neal

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi folks, you have all been super helpful so far, and I am relying on your generous help as Spring warms up and my gardening tasks increase! :)

This plant was already in the garden when I moved in. I wasn't sure if it would die off, or come back, so I left it over the winter. Glad I did because now I can show you photos of the dried flower/seed head as well as the new growth at the bottom.

Help!

What the Flower?? (05/03/2012)What the Flower?? (05/03/2012)What the Flower?? (05/03/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 490
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Mon. 5th March 2012 13:21

Re: What the Flower??

Reply from Maggie Willis

Looks like a sedum-I have something similar called Sedum Autumn Joy..you will be able to tell the type when it flowers this year.

• Posted: Mon. 5th March 2012 14:10

Re: What the Flower??

Reply from Angela Neal

Thats it! Thanks, now looking at it, of course it is. The fact the flower head was so tall was what threw me... I've only ever grown the ground covering variety. That's why the new growth looked so out of place to me, but I couldn't remember what it reminded me of.

Poor specimen of this magnificent plant. Hope I can encourage it on a bit more this year.

Thanks for your help.

• Posted: Mon. 5th March 2012 14:51

Re: Re: What the Flower??

Reply from Clockhouse Nursery

It is indeed a Sedum, more than likely "Autumn Joy" as it is the most widely grown. Does not look that poor to us, still very early in the year for this perennial. It wont be flowering again until late summer so there is still plenty of growing time. They always start of like this in the spring.

Re: Re: What the Flower?? (05/03/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Mon. 5th March 2012 14:58