– CD , Loanhead

Hello I have puppy problems

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from EMMA L FOX

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Emma mum of 4 girls and quite new to gardening I do love being out there especially when the weather is like this. We are currently in the process of redoing our garden although it is a very slow process due to time restraints lol. At the moment my biggest problem is our 10mnths old Choc lab he loves plants in pots and is slowly destroying them please has anyone got and ideas how to deter him as we never see him do it just find the wreckage have tried pepper dust which seemed to work for short time. Many Thanks Em

• Views: 388
  • Replies: 8
  • Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 12:50

Re: Hello I have puppy problems

Reply from Nicola

Hi Emma - thanks for joining Shoot & for asking the question. I have a 9 month old puppy myself Coco (pics attached). She does the same thing and for now I keep her constrained within a plant free area for most of the time. I use a puppy play pen in one corner of the garden. I don't think puppies can be left unattended in a garden... I have been told they grow out of it eventually. I hope you get more answers as I am curious too. Thanks Nicola p.s. please add a photo of him?

Click images to enlarge

Re: Hello I have puppy problems (30/05/2012)Re: Hello I have puppy problems (30/05/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 13:23

Reply from Nicola

You might also like our Shoot members' pets pinboard here

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 13:31

Re: Re: Hello I have puppy problems

Reply from EMMA L FOX

Glad its not just our naughty boy

Re: Re: Hello I have puppy problems (30/05/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 13:43

Re: Re: Re: Hello I have puppy problems

Reply from Nicola

Lovely!!! What's his name?

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 13:44

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello I have puppy problems

Reply from EMMA L FOX

His name is Mylo. Your Coco is lovely what breed is she?

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 13:58

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello I have puppy problems

Reply from Nicola

She a minature Dachshund. Meant to be short-haired but came out a little fluffy. I love it though:)

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 14:25

Reply from Patricia Jones

You need to provide an area that is purely for the dog to play and rest in. Some shade and some toys to stimulate him. Teach him what NO means and provide a food teat when he gets it right, this way he will learn to leave your plants alone and as he get bigger he will be able to join you all safely in the garden. Don't punish him with pepper dust.You might cause great harm to his nasal passage and eyes. Try taking him for a little walk before he comes into the garden, he will be less boisterous.

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 14:38

Re: Re: Hello I have puppy problems

Reply from EMMA L FOX

Thanks I'm not trying to punish him with pepper dust it is dusted over the plant hoping he won't like the smell and stay away which isn't working. Unfortunately we don't really have the ability to section off the garden and with kids they are in and out all the time he is pretty good with No but you have to catch him in the act. He also know he is not allowed as he acts very guilty when the damage is found.

• Posted: Wed. 30th May 2012 15:26