– Muriel , Nottingham

Seaweed fertilizer

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from R. Samide

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Is it possible to buy liquid seaweed fertilizer in Europe? I am interested in fertilizing my Bamboo which not doing well.

• Views: 1578
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sun. 2nd March 2008 14:02

Buy it online

Reply from Cris

Hi there, I just had a quick look on google and it seems that Scotland produces Liquid Seaweed fertilizer. You can purchase it over the internet for mail delivery. Check out http://www.orkneyseaweed.co.uk/saleslink.htm for one. I didn't see any store names mentioned.Generally if you are in "Europe" you a probably be best off ordering it online as postage is cheap- then it will come to you.

• Posted: Sun. 2nd March 2008 19:37

seweed for bamboo why?

Reply from john king

are you mad, why would you want to put seaweed fertilizer on a bamboo, just give it some well rotted compost round it and a bit of fish blood and bone, not only is seaweed fertilizer expensive but your bamboo will go nuts and eat you out of house and home

• Posted: Tue. 4th March 2008 00:12

Vitax

Reply from Eleanor Davis

Hi

I use Vitax liquid seaweed on everything in my garden. Half a cap in a full watering can every 2 weeks does me.

• Posted: Mon. 30th March 2009 19:39

Re: Seaweed fertilizer

Reply from Angela Neal

I live near the beach and gather loads of kelp in the summer. I tend to rinse it off, then leave it out to dry and chop it up, add it to my compost and spread in the beds.

We have been thinking about posting some of it out to fellow gardeners this summer.

It is also amazing for the skin. A few handfuls added to a warm bath makes your skin super soft. Not everyone's cup of tea though! :)

• Posted: Sat. 7th April 2012 11:18