– Rod Adams , YouTube fan

what tree to buy

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from sandra lord

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

i wanted help to find a tree it has to be able to grow in a tub be evergreen only grow about 6 foot not to bushy i would like it to have flo wers any ideas !! it is to block a unsightly veiw i dont know what aspect is but we have full sun from dinnertime right through the rest of the day ifs thats any help

• Views: 432
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Thu. 4th August 2011 08:27

Re: what tree to buy

Reply from Franne

Evergreen, in a tub and 6ft, that probably asks for a shrub instead of a tree.
maybe heavenly bamboo (Nandina) or a real bamboo like fargesia Jumbo, Phyllostachys.
or otherwise a conifer? Just make sure the tub is as large as possible, no plant is happy in a tub forever. Goodluck!

• Posted: Thu. 4th August 2011 08:38

Re: Re: what tree to buy

Reply from sandra lord

thank you for your sugestion i have now bought a heavenly bamboo its only about 3 foot hopefuly it will grow an fill that space and i hope the birds will eat the berries in winter

• Posted: Mon. 8th August 2011 09:34

Re: what tree to buy

Reply from Angie Robertson

Hi Sandra
A shrub would be more suited to your needs. There are many shrubs on th market. You say you would like flowers - you would also have to decide which time of the year you would like to see blooms.
Try using the advance search on this website - fill out your required fields eg size, foliage, flower colour etc. You will then get a better idea of what might like - then you could ask if it would be appropiate in a pot.
Hope this helps, cheers Angie

• Posted: Thu. 4th August 2011 18:44