How to use the site
It is a good idea to a few seconds to register with us, as when you are logged in you will be able to add plants to your personal plant lists and receive monthly emails about them if you like. You can also begin building a profile of your garden which will help us to provide you with better advice.
Registering should be very easy. When you get to the registration page, you will need to enter some details, such as your name, postcode and email address and then select a password.You will also be asked whether you would like to receive monthly care instructions by email. That is all that is required for a basic registration.
Once you have your garden diary set up, you can then :
- start adding plants. There are two types of lists, 'Plants I have' and 'Plants I want'.
- you can add your own notes and group the plants together in like groups.
- once you have plants in your diary, we can then send you monthly care instructions by email reminding you how to care for them.
- tell us more about your garden conditions as you learn about them (like soil type, light conditions, direction, exposure and so on). This will help us to guide you to the plants that will work for your garden.
Irrespective of whether or not you have registered, you can search for a plant:
- by name using plant search
- by desired attribute (such as colour, habit, fragrance, use etc.) using the plant selector
- by the quick a-z search
If you would like advice in person from a professional, we also have a list of garden designers and other professionals. To find one near you go to professionals.