OK
In progress indicator

Search Results for "Sage"

Pruning Lavatera

Message from Marion Young

In forum: New to gardening

Thanks Andrew for your message. I had just read the Shoot advice re pruning which said March/April, so your message confirmed that this was when I should cut them back. Glad I didnt do it yesterday!!!

• Posted: Thu. 20th September 2007 07:41

Pruning lavatera

Enter a message

• Posted: Thu. 20th September 2007 07:38

Making new raised beds

Question from Fi

In forum: Edible gardening

Over this winter/spring I would like to make some raised beds for vegetable growing. I have an area of about 5 sq m. Has anyone any tips of what wood, how deep, type of soil to add etc. I envisage about three with bark paths inbetween.

• Posted: Wed. 19th September 2007 14:24

Growing herbs

Message from Fi

I've found most herbs like an open sunny spot. I created a small raised area, surrounded by bricks and wood (you could use anything like that), planted Rosemary in the centre, then chives, sage, marjoram, thyme, parsley and mint round the outside, and then covered it with a few inches of gravel. They are doing really well - except the mint has grown into the middle and the sage is trying to take over! But I don't mind, it still looks lovely especially when the sage, tyme and rosemary flower. Lesson is - leave plenty of room for each plant - the rosemary will get very big, but you can cut it back to one stem and train it as a standard.

• Posted: Wed. 19th September 2007 14:06

Propagation

Thanks Eric for your message which I have just read. It has been very helpful, as I just did not know when to take out the rooted cuttings.

• Posted: Wed. 12th September 2007 12:52

Herbs

Comment from pamela gray

I love growing Herbs!
What are your favourites and do you use them?
Mine are
Basil
Mint
Thyme
Rosemary
French Tarragon
Sage
Parsley
One of my newly acquired herbs is my African Blue Basil - I have let it flower and it is beautiful!
I also grow Lemon Verbena,Pineapple Sage,a few different sorts of Mint and Lemon Grass

• Posted: Tue. 11th September 2007 09:26