OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

Using the garden planner, how can I make my chosen ground cover 'go to the back'.

Question from Allison Mcintosh

In forum: Garden design

Every time I try to put something on top of my ground cover such as a planter in the garden design planner tool on shoot, the ground cover appears over the top of it! How do I move the ground cover to the back of everything else?

• Views: 6
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 15:02

woolly aphid control

Question from Charmian Perkins

In forum: General

Hi,

Please could you let me know whether Cryptoline (Cryptolaemus Montrouzieri) eat Adalia bipunctata? I have both aphids (on roses) and woolly aphids (on crab apple tree) in my garden and was wondering whether it's possible to introduce both predators?

Thank you!
Charmian

• Views: 7
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 14:32

Please help identifying this plant - purple flowers

Photo from Adam

In forum: Identify a plant

This plant has thin green leaves and purple flowers at the top. Bumblebees are going crazy for it in our garden. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

• Views: 71
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 13:03

What is this?

Comment from Ali Barnes

Does anyone know the name of this plant? It’s beautiful purple flowers open and close. You can break off clumps and replant.
Many thanks

• Views: 35
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 12:35

What is this tree/shrub

Question from Tina W

Hi All,

We bought our house about 9 years ago now and it was originally owned by an older couple who were keen gardeners. I'm ashamed to say it's not had the best upkeep in our hands but we're trying to get it all tidied up this year. I have no idea what this tree is, or given how many trunks it has and the fact it has some plastic poles in the middle it could be a shrub that has been trained into a tree? It has clusters of small pink flowers that sometimes start in December and are mostly finished now. They have left one oval shaped seed or fruit per cluster behind. I fear it needs to be trimmed but I have no idea what it is, nor can I find it on any plant identification sites I've tried so I'm lost at how to look after it. Can anyone help?

• Views: 37
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 12:33

Unidentified shrub

Comment from Anita Howard

Can anyone help with naming this shrub. It’s about 2m x 1.5m, deciduous and flowers in the early spring. It looks a bit like a shrubby honeysuckle but I’m not sure. Hope the images help

• Views: 78
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 09:37

Any idea what this is?

Question from Gloriana Marks de Chabris

I am in the procesas of clearing out a sad, neglected border and these plants seem to have self-seeded. I have looked in RHS encyclopedia but couldn't identify them. Any ideas?

• Views: 138
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 25th May 2020 12:21
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th May 2020 13:36

Is this a weed or an ornamental plant?

Question from Diana Gibbs

This has emerged in our cottage garden during May. Flower stems are thick and upright, one is now over six feet tall. Flower heads are umbellate, similar to cow parsley and in bud about to flower, probably white or cream. Leaves are dark green, thick veined and similar in shape to rhubarb leaves but with more jagged edges.
Please can someone identify?

• Views: 261
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Mon. 25th May 2020 11:58
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th May 2020 14:44

Does anybody know what this is?

Photo from catherine

It was in some seeds I bought but I don't know what it is?

• Views: 130
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sun. 24th May 2020 21:58
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th May 2020 13:14

does anyone know what this plant is called please?

Question from Jude Dallimore-Symonds

In the winter the strong thorny stems remain and throw up new shoots close by. The leaves gradually start showing in May.

• Views: 64
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sun. 24th May 2020 15:09
  • Last reply: Sun. 24th May 2020 19:53