OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

CT

Question from Shannon Rutledge

In forum: Trees and shrubs

Is mid to late February too late to trim back my Crepe Myrtle? They have never been trimmed before & are quite tall & bushy. My neighbors say they are beautiful the way they are, they do bloom a bit late. They have large pink flowers.

• Views: 8
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Thu. 4th March 2021 19:48

Spring Plant

Photo from June Beck

In forum: Identify a plant

Can anyone identify this spring flowering plant. It has toothed leaves.

• Views: 23
  • Posted: Thu. 4th March 2021 17:38

One more shrub to identify.

Photo from LISA MACKENZIE

Can anyone identify the dark burgundy shrub? Unfortunately this is the only photo I have of it. It was in my last garden and I want to buy another one.

• Views: 33
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Thu. 4th March 2021 14:07
  • Last reply: Thu. 4th March 2021 17:54

Can you identify the light green shrub?

Photo from LISA MACKENZIE

Can anyone identify the light green shrub? Unfortunately this is the only photo I have of it. It was in my last garden and I want to buy another one.

• Views: 22
  • Posted: Thu. 4th March 2021 14:06

Finding help videos

Question from Jane Pimm

In forum: New member

I recently found a long list of Shoot videos - really helpful - now I can't find it??

• Views: 12
  • Posted: Thu. 4th March 2021 09:24
  • Last reply: Thu. 4th March 2021 11:15

Does anyone know the name of this shrub

Photo from Pip

These leaves are from a medium sized shrub which is growing next to a wooden fence in our back garden. The leaves droop a bit but I don’t have a clue about what it is

• Views: 54
  • Posted: Mon. 1st March 2021 19:57
  • Last reply: Wed. 3rd March 2021 05:43

What plant is this

Photo from Colin Gunney

We have lost the plant label for these two plants in our garden and cannot remember what it is called. They were purchased from Desert to Jungle centre near Taunton some years ago. Looked on this website but cannot find anything like it. It has green upright leaves (almost spiky),tinged with orange/bronze. In summer has spikes of tiny white flowers. Thought it was two version of same plant, but wife seems to think it is the same plant, same variety. Can anyone help identify it please?.

• Views: 59
  • Posted: Mon. 1st March 2021 13:44
  • Last reply: Tue. 2nd March 2021 18:53

identification please

Question from Ann Burdett

Grateful for identification of this plant in my garden. It is deciduous, summer flowering with blue flowers and is about 2 feet high, and attracts bees and hummingbird hawkmoth, so I would love to buy a couple more plants. Thank you.

• Views: 69
  • Posted: Mon. 1st March 2021 13:01
  • Last reply: Mon. 1st March 2021 20:06

Any idea as to what this is?

Question from jennifer howells

Moved to new house 6 months ago and this plant is where I want to pave. Is it worth keeping I wonder. Cannot find it in my garden books and its unfamiliar as a weed.

• Views: 122
  • Posted: Fri. 26th February 2021 15:17
  • Last reply: Fri. 26th February 2021 19:25

Inherited shrub

Comment from Jane weller

I found this shrub in a container when I moved in 1 year ago. Small, glossy, green evergreen leaves, slightly pink when new. It has never flowered. It has survived heat, wind and heavy frost unscathed. I thought at first it was a punica Granata, but not deciduous and no flowers. Any ideas?

• Views: 130
  • Posted: Fri. 26th February 2021 15:12