OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

We have a “lollypop” red robin, but prefer a lower bush shape. How drastic can we be in pruning this into said resultant shape?

Comment from John Dyason

In forum: Photinia x fraseri 'Red Robin'

We have a “lollypop” red robin, but prefer a lower bush shape. How drastic can we be in pruning this into said resultant shape? Can we cut down to below the current lowest branch, or will this kill the tree?

• Views: 22
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd November 2019 09:08
  • Last reply: Sun. 24th November 2019 09:44

Can anyone please help identify this plant?

Comment from lien

In forum: Identify a plant

It's a tropical plant found in Southeast Asia

• Views: 138
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 17th November 2019 11:32
  • Last reply: Thu. 21st November 2019 19:11

In november,n can I move Skimmias

General post from mahamud dharamsi

In forum: Skimmia japonica 'Fragrans'

In november,n can I move Skimmias

• Views: 49
  • Posted: Sun. 10th November 2019 12:41
  • Last reply: Mon. 11th November 2019 16:35

Can Anyone ID this Crocosmia?

Comment from Jill Fielder

Found this variety in a public garden and would like to add to my own garden. But need to know variety. Thank you!

• Views: 249
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Thu. 7th November 2019 15:38
  • Last reply: Fri. 8th November 2019 11:32

I cannot identify this plant

Photo from David Peat

I cannot find a name for this plant, It has green leaves edged with white, perennial, looks the same throughout the year, 75cm high (at the moment), twisted stems,

• Views: 222
  • Posted: Wed. 6th November 2019 15:43
  • Last reply: Wed. 6th November 2019 19:25

overrun by this...

Question from Stuart Swinburne

Hi. Just bought a derelict property and want to turn it into dream home including neglected garden. Can anyone identify this plant which has overrun the garden and tell me if I should be concerned about it being poisonous or invasive tec

• Views: 250
  • Posted: Thu. 31st October 2019 09:59
  • Last reply: Thu. 31st October 2019 15:26

David Hedges Gower Says, Please Sign My Petition On More Regulation On The Use Of Plastic Grass

General post from Francijn Suermondt

In forum: Lawns

Wherever you see plastic grass installed you will find evidence of a damaged ecosystem. Insects, birds and small mammals all suffer. And we suffer too.

Living grass/turf plays a vital role in absorbing heavy rainfall, capturing CO2, removing air pollutants, releasing tonnes of oxygen, lowering temperatures and maintaining biodiversity. Even the best fake grass cannot EVER do this.

It’s out of control. Currently there is no regulation to control the proliferation of plastic grass in schools, sports pitches and public spaces. This poses massive threats to the environment and to our health.

Fake grass does not even withstand flooding! Artificial football pitches have been washed away by floods in the past. And because it can’t be recycled, that’s yet more unnecessary and potentially toxic landfill.

Where industry leads the public and their gardens follow; so this dangerous trend must be regulated to prevent catastrophic environmental destruction on a national scale.

Just Say #NoToFake

Please sign my petition on the link below

http://chng.it/p6DMFKwndk

• Views: 45
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Thu. 31st October 2019 09:44

Rosa Fifi

Comment from r A D Bird

does anyone have a Rosa Fifi plant or even some cuttings i could buy want it in memory of our recently departed family pet

• Views: 271
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Wed. 30th October 2019 01:40

Please help identify this autumn flowering highly scented shrub

Question from Peter

In North Devon, Sept/Oct. I pass this shrub at the roadside. Glorious perfume from lily of the valley sized, four pointed petal,bell blossoms which seem to grow from the stem. I’d love one by my back door.
Any suggestions as to what I ask for ?

• Views: 242
  • Posted: Tue. 29th October 2019 10:00
  • Last reply: Tue. 29th October 2019 10:15

Help identifying a house plant

Question from Daisy

Hi! My partner’s sister brought me this lovely plant as a gift and I forgot the name of it after I got rid of the packaging, I can’t identify it at all from google searches and plant identifying apps come up with something different every time I take a new photo! The leaves are green, uniform in colour and shiny with a slight curl. The stems have these fantastic red pointy tips and one of them sprouted yellow stuff when it was very warm. Please help, I need to know how to care for it properly!

• Views: 114
  • Posted: Fri. 25th October 2019 12:35
  • Last reply: Wed. 6th November 2019 12:51