OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

What house plant is this please?

Question from Katherine Parsons

In forum: Identify a plant

Does anybody know what plant this is? Thanks so much.

• Views: 192
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Thu. 28th January 2021 17:48
  • Last reply: Fri. 29th January 2021 15:22

Identify outdoor plant

Photo from Gillian Bower

Hi
I'm trying to identify this plant for my mother. She bought it as an outdoor plant from a well known local garden centre & it was definitely outdoors when she bought it. She has been back with the plant and tried to identify it to make sure she cares for it correctly particularly over the winter.

• Views: 227
  • Posted: Wed. 27th January 2021 18:30
  • Last reply: Thu. 28th January 2021 07:30

Watering of alnus cordata shelter trees

Question from Logan Taylor

In forum: Trees and shrubs

I live in the North Island of New Zealand and have planted alnus cordata as a shelter. How often should they be watered. I put in a dripper system for each tree but was informed this varity do not need a watering system. They are 2 years old and some are 2.5 metres high.

• Views: 80
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Tue. 26th January 2021 04:44

Help identifying an unusual plant

Question from Jack

Hello everyone!
I wonder if anyone can help me.
A couple of years ago I came across a plant growing next to some pickerel weed. I can hardly remember any details about it but the one thing is an unusual trait. Wasps and other flying insects had their heads stuck in the buds of the plant. It’s not a native plant and was growing next to a pond in the gardens of what used to be an old house which had many foreign plants.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Jack

• Views: 104
  • Posted: Mon. 25th January 2021 20:41
  • Last reply: Tue. 26th January 2021 21:35

questioning plants species or cultivar

Question from zenia

what name of species or variety of this begonia plant?

• Views: 96
  • Posted: Mon. 25th January 2021 16:58
  • Last reply: Tue. 26th January 2021 15:24

Rubber plant dying!

Comment from Tai

In forum: House plants

I can't seem to save my rubber plant for some reason! Would really appreciate all the help I can get please :)

I bought a rubber plant last year and it has been okay ever since I moved it from the hallway (little light) to the living room (brighter). I've been having a constant problem with yellow leaves which is apparently due to over watering so I left it for 2-weeks but the yellow leaves were still coming! I also experience brown/dried leaves (they are still there now!) I am not sure with the reason why this is happening. The main thing I am concerned with is one of the stems.

This single stem has lost all its leaves and the stalk started off floppy and was drooping a few months ago. I read online it was because of over watering but the other 2 stems were absolutely fine! I tried not watering it for 2-3weeks and no improvement. It just appeared to be this problematic stem :( I am unsure what happened since right now, the other two stems seem okay but this single stem is dying.

Please may someone shed light onto this problem!

• Views: 101
  • Posted: Mon. 25th January 2021 13:24

Please help identify this plant

Question from Rob misek

Hi

Can you help me identify this plant?

I live in southern Ontario Canada and this plant seems to only grow in winter. This picture was taken the other morning at -15 C.

People here suggested “ mares tail” before but it doesn’t look like any online images of that.

Any other ideas?

• Views: 173
  • Posted: Sun. 24th January 2021 21:53
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th January 2021 17:38

What is this please?!

Question from Karen Wones

We have just moved into a new house.... with our own jungle! This is growing over a lot of the wooded area. Long underground runners.... Very tough.
We would like to know what it is before we pull it all out. Thank you

• Views: 112
  • Posted: Sun. 24th January 2021 11:50
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th January 2021 17:28

UNKNOWN PLANT

Question from miranda zammit

Can anyone identify this plant, it appeared in my garden two years ago and has budded for the first time

• Views: 204
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd January 2021 17:01
  • Last reply: Sun. 24th January 2021 08:18

what size ?

Question from Emily Mallin

In forum: Erica tetralix 'Pink Star'

what size pot does it need?

• Views: 97
  • Posted: Wed. 20th January 2021 15:21