OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

Rubber plant dying!

Comment from Tai

In forum: House plants

I can't seem to save my rubber plant for some reason! Would really appreciate all the help I can get please :)

I bought a rubber plant last year and it has been okay ever since I moved it from the hallway (little light) to the living room (brighter). I've been having a constant problem with yellow leaves which is apparently due to over watering so I left it for 2-weeks but the yellow leaves were still coming! I also experience brown/dried leaves (they are still there now!) I am not sure with the reason why this is happening. The main thing I am concerned with is one of the stems.

This single stem has lost all its leaves and the stalk started off floppy and was drooping a few months ago. I read online it was because of over watering but the other 2 stems were absolutely fine! I tried not watering it for 2-3weeks and no improvement. It just appeared to be this problematic stem :( I am unsure what happened since right now, the other two stems seem okay but this single stem is dying.

Please may someone shed light onto this problem!

• Views: 104
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 25th January 2021 13:24

Please help identify this plant

Question from Rob misek

In forum: Identify a plant

Hi

Can you help me identify this plant?

I live in southern Ontario Canada and this plant seems to only grow in winter. This picture was taken the other morning at -15 C.

People here suggested “ mares tail” before but it doesn’t look like any online images of that.

Any other ideas?

• Views: 173
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sun. 24th January 2021 21:53
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th January 2021 17:38

What is this please?!

Question from Karen Wones

We have just moved into a new house.... with our own jungle! This is growing over a lot of the wooded area. Long underground runners.... Very tough.
We would like to know what it is before we pull it all out. Thank you

• Views: 112
  • Posted: Sun. 24th January 2021 11:50
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th January 2021 17:28

UNKNOWN PLANT

Question from miranda zammit

Can anyone identify this plant, it appeared in my garden two years ago and has budded for the first time

• Views: 204
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd January 2021 17:01
  • Last reply: Sun. 24th January 2021 08:18

what size ?

Question from Emily Mallin

In forum: Erica tetralix 'Pink Star'

what size pot does it need?

• Views: 98
  • Posted: Wed. 20th January 2021 15:21

Can anyone identify this please?

Question from Sue

These plants have been in the garden for over 30 years. I pull them up and they come back - very hardy! They are perennial, flower from Dec/ Jan through to about March and have heart shaped leaves each on its own stem. They grow almost to knee height 18 to 24 inches. The flowers are on a separate stem with multiple flower heads coming from a few buds. The leaves on the flower stem are different with no stalk and are elongated & Lance shaped growing alternately up the stem. The flowers have pinkish buds opening to whitish flowers with bluish stamens? The ones in the photo are growing back after last year’s assault so are not quite at full height yet. Any thoughts please. Sue

• Views: 219
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Tue. 19th January 2021 14:41
  • Last reply: Tue. 26th January 2021 09:22

What is this weed ?

Question from Susan Dev

It is a weed in my well-manured rose bed and is low-growing with lush green leaves.It is thriving in January .

• Views: 138
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sun. 17th January 2021 18:41
  • Last reply: Tue. 26th January 2021 09:26

informal screening / softening of view of raised beds

Question from Michael Nolan

In forum: Garden design

Hoping for suggestions...I have just had a veg flower garden created with high raised beds (high because I hope to graze sheep around them at times to keep the area informal but under control. However they start at the top of a slope about 30 feet long rising 6 feet from the house and look an eyesore being at eye level . The slope tapers but starts at about 30 feet wide I need low maintenance screen or at least something to soften the view about 8/12 feet high that is tough (windy here at 800 feet in Lancashire) thought of foreground rugosa backed with something taller such as field maple pruned as needed to control height but a bit boring maybe?? soil loamy a bit acidic shallow with rock and clay under but as a slope reasonably drained not shady any ideas appreciated

• Views: 109
  • Posted: Sat. 16th January 2021 13:05
  • Last reply: Sat. 30th January 2021 12:42

What is this plant?

Question from Heather Williamson

I have had this plant for two- three months. It was in full bloom but now only has one flower and the rest have dried up. I don't know what to do with it or where to put it as I don't know what it is. Please help.

• Views: 248
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sat. 16th January 2021 10:48
  • Last reply: Sat. 23rd January 2021 14:12

Do you have a Clematis Maureen for sale

Comment from Maureen Taylor

In forum: Clematis 'Maureen'

Do you have a Clematis Maureen for sale

• Views: 110
  • Posted: Fri. 15th January 2021 15:14