Hi I am trying to find out the name of my plant

• Views: 197
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 21st October 2017 09:38
  • Last reply: Sat. 21st October 2017 18:13

Anyone know the name of this plant.?

Question from Elaine

In forum: Identify a plant

I think this is a lily of some sort . Photograph attached any help would be appreciated.

• Views: 52
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 20th October 2017 17:24
  • Last reply: Sun. 22nd October 2017 18:18

Identification

Photo from Dave Wilson

Can anyone help to identify this flower,thanks

• Views: 257
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Thu. 19th October 2017 21:32
  • Last reply: Fri. 20th October 2017 09:52

How do I archive a garden?

Question from Lindsay

In forum: How to use the site

I have several finished gardens on my subscription that I wish to archive so I can add new clients onto the database, but its not clear how to archive them?? Can someone explain please?

• Views: 38
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Tue. 17th October 2017 18:35
  • Last reply: Wed. 18th October 2017 07:38

Tolmiea "Taff's Gold"

Question from Lorna Hutchinson

In forum: Who can sell me a plant?

I am searching for Tolmiea "Taff's Gold" Does anyone have a plant they can sell me? I used to grow it years ago but cannot find it anywhere - menziesii (the green one seems to be fairly available) I have, but would like the variegated version.

• Views: 27
  • Posted: Mon. 16th October 2017 18:41
  • Last reply: Sun. 29th October 2017 12:22

Plants for very shallow soil

Question from Julie Macavoy

In forum: General

I'm having my patio re-laid with the intention of extending my border with some plants. However, when they removed the existing flags, there was a massive concrete layer underneath. I cannot get it removed, too big and costly, so I intend to just soil over it. The soil depth will be about 2 inches (50cms). Can anyone suggest some plants that will cope with such shallow soil? I like flowering plants, maybe some ground cover ones. The border will be in sunshine until early afternoon and I don't particularly want to have to keep watering it so maybe something that copes with dry conditions, too. Am I asking too much? If I can't find anything, I'll probably have to resort to gravel and pot plants on top. Thanks, Julie

• Views: 14
  • Posted: Mon. 16th October 2017 17:24
  • Last reply: Tue. 17th October 2017 12:16

Plant ID

Question from Sarah Jane Davidson

Hi there, can anyone identify this perennial for me? Many thanks.

• Views: 309
  • Posted: Thu. 12th October 2017 12:34
  • Last reply: Fri. 13th October 2017 14:13

Plant location

General post from Vivienne

In forum: Garden design

How do I delete a plant from a garden?

• Views: 50
  • Posted: Wed. 11th October 2017 14:05
  • Last reply: Wed. 11th October 2017 17:17

Part of my hedge is discoloured and may need help

General post from leo versteeg

Good afternoon,

I have a hedge in my front garden, species unknown? in which I'm trying to patiently grow with some strategic pruning.

It has come to our attention over the past few months or longer that a section of it appears somewhat discoloured and does not grow like the rest. Or in other words it is ever so slightly lighter in colour.

I am worried it is dying but It doesn't appear to be 'dead' as it still appears to be growing but very slowly.

With the about in mind may I kindly ask for some advice on if there is a way I could address this issue or aid the bush on some way to revive? I would also ask if someone could advise what species of bush it is?

Thanks in advance

Leo

• Views: 103
  • Posted: Mon. 9th October 2017 13:28
  • Last reply: Sun. 15th October 2017 15:46

Container Magnolia

Question from Marion Faust

In forum: Container gardening

We moved to a new house in December 2016 and the previous owners had many container plants, some of which they left. One is a beautiful dark purple Magnolia in a pot almost 2ft high by 2ft wide at the top which gave a lovely display. However, also in the pot was an ivy which seemed to be well established, irises and arum lilies. We have tried to dig out the ivy as much as possible but it had really taken hold and is now growing again. We would like to empty the pot to remove the ivy and then refill with fresh soil and return the Magnolia but don’t want to harm the Magnolia. When would be the best time to do this and is the Magnolia likely to survive. Any help would be appreciated.

• Views: 44
  • Posted: Mon. 9th October 2017 08:43
  • Last reply: Fri. 13th October 2017 16:33