Can anyone identify this plant please

• Views: 91
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Fri. 14th October 2016 12:36
  • Last reply: Fri. 14th October 2016 14:15

dahlia

Question from Michael Herbertsson

In forum: General

I wonder if anybody have or can help me find some tree dalhia Imperialis/bell tree dahlia.Please write back to this mail.
herrovaxter@gmail.com

Regards
Michael Herbertsson
Sweden

• Views: 52
  • Posted: Thu. 13th October 2016 19:37
  • Last reply: Sat. 15th October 2016 09:37

What type of tree or overgrown shrub is this please?

Comment from Janet Surman

In forum: Identify a plant

I have 10 of these trees all around my garden. I moved in a year ago and searched everywhere to find out what they are without much luck. They are about 30 years old have evergreen leaves which are slightly shiney and lighter green underneath. No flowers just leaves making a huge canopy over my flower beds. Any ideas?

• Views: 117
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Wed. 12th October 2016 20:43
  • Last reply: Thu. 13th October 2016 00:09

New arrival

Comment from VR Home and Garden

In forum: Garden design

Hi, I'm David and new to your community.
Looking forward to engaging with you on all matters garden and garden design related.

• Views: 72
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Wed. 12th October 2016 14:58
  • Last reply: Thu. 13th October 2016 13:03

What tree or overgrown scrub is this please?

Question from Janet Surman

In forum: Trees and shrubs

I have 10 of these trees all around my garden. I moved in a year ago and searched everywhere to find out what they are without much luck. They are about 30 years old have evergreen leaves which are slightly shiney and lighter green underneath. No flowers just leaves making a huge canopy over my flower beds. Any ideas?

• Views: 123
  • Posted: Tue. 11th October 2016 23:09
  • Last reply: Wed. 12th October 2016 15:55

Shrub with ball type flowers?

Question from Philip Slade

Could i ask fellow members what this is? It has unusual flowers on it and stands about 1.5m high

• Views: 210
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 9th October 2016 18:03
  • Last reply: Mon. 10th October 2016 21:07

sempervivum rot

Question from robert atkin

In forum: Pests, diseases and weeds

Some of my Sempervivum varieties are displaying signs of rot (dead brown leaves on the underside). However, when I lifted two of them out of the container to check for damp roots I found that they were quite dry. So i'm wondering what else could be causing the rot. Has anyone any ideas?

• Views: 160
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sun. 9th October 2016 11:33

My plant is displaying signs of rot (brown dead leaves on the underside). However, I've taken it out of the soil and checked for damp roots and they were fairly dry. So i'm wondering what could be causing the rot. Any ideas?

Comment from robert atkin

In forum: Sempervivum arachnoideum subsp. tomentosum

My plant is displaying signs of rot (brown dead leaves on the underside). However, I've taken it out of the soil and checked for damp roots and they were fairly dry. So i'm wondering what else could be causing the rot. Any ideas?

• Views: 53
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sun. 9th October 2016 11:27

Katsura Tree? - i hope not!

Question from Steve

Moved to new home, found this planted tight up against a fence under a mature corkscrew willow. Its about 15ft and interfering with the willows branches, south aspect raised border, clay based ph5.5. If it is a Katsura i guess i'll have to remove it somehow, no space for it there and no chance of getting it out to transplant....i'd have to dig up the neighbours garden!

• Views: 224
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 7th October 2016 19:45
  • Last reply: Tue. 15th November 2016 20:08

Low growing shrub, tangy aroma when rubbed.

Question from Steve

Moved to new home, spread of about a metre in diameter, planted in full sun, south aspect raised border, ph5.5 clay based. Don't know what colour the flowers are.

• Views: 228
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Fri. 7th October 2016 15:57
  • Last reply: Sat. 8th October 2016 20:23