OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

Please identify this plant

Question from Serena

In forum: Identify a plant

I was given this small, cheap, pot plant last year. It had slim green leaves, produced small white flowers in the summer and grew to about 10” high (very little spread). The leaves died back slowly, but the plant didn’t die. This year it has grown like a triffid. It hasn’t produced any flowers (?yet), but is just under a metre high. It’s lower leaves are going yellow, before going brown and dying off. It is ‘drinking’ water copiously. I don’t know if I should repot it, or put it into the ground, but I don’t want it to take over our small garden. What is it?

• Views: 251
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Fri. 26th June 2020 12:56
  • Last reply: Tue. 30th June 2020 18:42

Can anyone identify this plant for me?

Comment from alba hutton

Hello, This plant, or moss as I think it might be, lives abundantly in my horse pastures in Alberta Canada. Can anyone tell me what it is? Can anyone tell me the name of it?

• Views: 128
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Thu. 25th June 2020 17:11
  • Last reply: Fri. 26th June 2020 17:14

Does agapanthus need fertilizer?

Comment from Pam Bumerts

In forum: Agapanthus 'Tinkerbell'

Does agapanthus need fertilizer?

• Views: 48
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Thu. 25th June 2020 15:30
  • Last reply: Tue. 30th June 2020 12:08

Can anyone identify this plant?

Comment from Janine Wilkinson

I dug this out my grans garden, she's got huge clumps of it spread everywhere but she has no idea what it is and I can't find anything on google. It's not in bloom in the photo, many of hers are right now with yellow, maybe 50p sized single, flat-ish flowers. The leaves on mine are standing upward from transplanting in this weather. On hers when you look down above the plant they almost make a tubular square down the stem, a bit succulent like almost. If no one has any ideas I'll get a photo of hers next time I visit. Thanks in advance.

• Views: 285
  • Posted: Thu. 25th June 2020 14:30
  • Last reply: Thu. 25th June 2020 18:04

Interloper plant!

Question from Jon

Hi all - I bought some plugs mail order and this one sneaked in amongst a pack of echinacea - does anyone know what this is please? Thank you!
Jonathan

• Views: 168
  • Posted: Thu. 25th June 2020 13:27
  • Last reply: Sun. 28th June 2020 13:54

Please Identify the attached photos of this sweet smelling shrub

Question from Ewan Graham Carr

Hello, Would be very grateful if someone could tell me the name of this plant.Thank you.

• Views: 273
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Wed. 24th June 2020 16:17
  • Last reply: Fri. 26th June 2020 09:28

Plant ID please

Question from Julie Bailey

This lovely lilac flowered herbaceous plant has appeared in my garden this year , the leaves are bright glossy green and dissected the flowers a fluffy lilac its about 30cm tall at the moment, many thanks

• Views: 290
  • Posted: Wed. 24th June 2020 14:08
  • Last reply: Wed. 24th June 2020 18:03

What is this plant?

Question from Janet Hanton

Hi. I found two tiny seedlings of this plant and potted them up, thinking (when they were very small) that they may turn out to be clematis. They are definitely not clematis! They show no sign of flowering and could well be just a weed. I suspect that their size is currently limited by the pots that they are in (about 20 inches height and spread).

• Views: 184
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Wed. 24th June 2020 13:45

Identity

Question from Lynne Ramsden

Can anyone tell me what the pictured plant is, l have four of them in between my beetroot and spring onion plants, not sure if they are weeds, Thankyou

• Views: 101
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Wed. 24th June 2020 11:04
  • Last reply: Thu. 25th June 2020 21:05

Help to Identify plant

Question from John Fisher

Can anyone please advise what this plant is in my garden - one grew a couple of years ago and this year there are 8. The flowers are yellow, the leaves are green and furry and all are about 6 foot tall. Thanks.

• Views: 263
  • Posted: Wed. 24th June 2020 00:39
  • Last reply: Sat. 27th June 2020 00:57