OK
In progress indicator

Latest topics in the Shoot forums

Read the latest topics posted in the Shoot forums below

Plant identification please!!!

Photo from Jools

In forum: Identify a plant

Can anyone identify this plant, seen in a wood near Crawley West Sussex?

Thank you!

• Views: 191
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 24th August 2020 19:28
  • Last reply: Wed. 26th August 2020 19:55

What plant is this please.

Comment from mrs finch

My normal quite efficient labelling and recording system has let me down. I sowed these seeds in pots last September and overwintered them in a cold house. I brought them outside in the spring hoping they would flower and give me a clue. They are healthy enough but very slow growing. I suspect they are perenial because they are in with the enchiladas I started off last September. Any ideas?

• Views: 135
  • Replies: 7
  • Posted: Mon. 24th August 2020 14:21
  • Last reply: Wed. 26th August 2020 06:41

Urgent request for Buddleja Davidii footage - Thank you

Question from Gisele Edwards

In forum: General

Hello, does anyone have any Buddleja Davidii that has not gone to seed? If so I'd be hugely grateful for some footage!

I am working on a non-funded arts project about Buddleja Davidii, due to be released for on online festival later this week (28th Aug); (the festival is intended to coincide with the Edinburgh Festival). Due to the recent heat wave a lot of the plant has gone to seed and my colleague and I (there are only two of us) are having trouble tracking down plants to film.

If anyone has any Buddleja Davidii and is willing to send a little video clip (minimum 10 secs) of it - we will credit you in the film- that would be tremendous!
Very many thanks.

That would be tremendous if so. Or if you know where else we can get hold of some, or find the plant. We need a decent crop of it.

Our deadline for editing the footage is this coming week.

Thank you very much, I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Kind wishes,

Gisele
(contact details removed as per house rules, but you can send to us at shoot@shootgardening.co.uk and we will forward on)

• Views: 60
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 24th August 2020 13:07

Black spot on fuchsia/

Question from mrs finch

In forum: Pests and diseases

Hi, six fuchsia plants arrived through the post. Every one had black spots on the leaves. The new growth is quite spindly.. do they have some sort of disease or have they just not been looked after properly by the supplier.

• Views: 75
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 24th August 2020 10:26

new garden 2

Question from Ivett

Thanks for the previous answers. Found these green balls on one of the shrubs. Any guess what this could be? Thank you again

• Views: 172
  • Posted: Sun. 23rd August 2020 21:55
  • Last reply: Mon. 24th August 2020 16:17

Plant ID

Comment from dr mg wyllie

Can anyone help

• Views: 105
  • Posted: Sun. 23rd August 2020 18:47
  • Last reply: Mon. 24th August 2020 11:21

Identify this flower please

Comment from Judith Hallimond

Hello, What is this plant please. Could it be a dahlia. Thanks!

• Views: 159
  • Posted: Sun. 23rd August 2020 17:34
  • Last reply: Mon. 24th August 2020 11:13

Spotted in Edinburgh, is it a philadelphus?

Comment from Emma

Saw this beautiful scented shrub while away in Edinburgh last week. Looks a bit like a mock orange flower but the stamens are really fluffy with orange/red ends. Plus my mock orange were over a month ago. The fragrance was beautiful, but different to my Belle Etoille. I ran the pictures through an automated plant ID which, understandably, suggested a rambling rose but this seemed to be a self supporting plant, the buds aren't rose buds and I didn't notice any thorns. It must have been a good 3m high, but was growing behind a wall so could only see the bits sticking over the top.What is it? I really want to get my hands on one as the fragrance was exquisite.

• Views: 166
  • Posted: Sun. 23rd August 2020 11:17
  • Last reply: Mon. 24th August 2020 13:37

It’s probably a weed.....but

Question from mrs finch

Hi, I have been ignoring my summer bulb pots. When I got round to giving them some attention I found this spiked plant growing in one of the nerines. It’s self seeded from somewhere. Probably a weed, but it is useful in my cut flower arrangements so I would like to grow it in its own right. I’ll try and split it out and pot it on, but just in case it fails imthought I ought to know what it is so that I can start again with some more next year.

• Views: 125
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Sat. 22nd August 2020 08:23
  • Last reply: Tue. 25th August 2020 22:29

new garden

Question from Ivett

Hello, just moved house and we'd like to change the garden although there are some plants what we might want to keep. Could you please help me identify these 3 plants? Thanks for your time in advance :)

• Views: 153
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 21st August 2020 20:27
  • Last reply: Fri. 4th September 2020 14:51