OK
In progress indicator

How to use the site

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 101

Import map from google maps

Question from Simon Berry

Can I import a map of a garden into shoot from a map saved from google maps?

• Views: 49
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Mon. 16th September 2019 11:10
  • Last reply: Mon. 16th September 2019 12:19

Can't scroll Plant Group list.

Comment from Pete Lock

I've complained about this before - but it continues to be a nuisance. When you attempt to scroll down the plant group list, it doesn't work. So you have to zoom down to 67% to see all the items ... then back again to do anything useful. I find Shoot useful, but some of the software is very amateurish.

• Views: 65
  • Posted: Tue. 25th June 2019 20:58
  • Last reply: Wed. 26th June 2019 07:38

Moving plant to a new group changes note date.

Comment from Pete Lock

I've just moved some plants to a different group, and the dates of the notes attached to the plants have changed to today's date. This is unhelpful - I now no longer know which year I made the notes!
Please fix this bug!

• Views: 59
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Thu. 25th April 2019 12:01
  • Last reply: Wed. 26th June 2019 07:40

USA growing zones

Question from Lise Ciolino

Do you have any plans to add something like "water needs" to your set of information and search criteria? I love your site, it's information and great tools. But for those of us who live in Mediterranean climates with little rainfall over the summer, we are always looking for plants with low water needs or are drought-tolerant. Without this information, we have to go to other sites.

• Views: 94
  • Posted: Sun. 20th January 2019 07:30
  • Last reply: Sun. 20th January 2019 07:45

Max Garden Size

Question from Simon Berry

Can anyone tell me what is the maximum size of garden that can be used?

Thanks in advance
Simon

• Views: 123
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Tue. 30th October 2018 13:12
  • Last reply: Mon. 5th November 2018 11:02

How do I archive/remove a garden from the Active list?

Question from Kari Koonin

I would like to remove one of my gardens from the Active page. How do I do this?

I saw archiving instructions on this forum for a professional user but didn't find the equivalent for an amateur.

Thanks

Kari

• Views: 105
  • Posted: Sat. 6th October 2018 09:53
  • Last reply: Sat. 6th October 2018 14:22

How to upload and scale a garden drawing in the Planner

Question from Kari Koonin

I have an A4 page with a scale drawing of my garden and have scanned it and saved it as a JPG (250 kb). The first time I tried to upload it using 'Upload garden sketch' under the Garden Planner pane, it didn't work, but the second time it did work. But the actual drawing was slightly skew so I rescanned it, and now I can't upload it any more - I keep getting the message 'Sorry that didn't work'. Any ideas?

Also, once it is in there, I don't understand how to scale it. On the video it shows a drawing that has a black and white scale which fits the gridlines. I haven't got a scale like that on mine but obviously I know the dimensions. What is the scale of the grid squares and how do I scale the drawing?

Many thanks!
Kari

• Views: 112
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 10th September 2018 15:40
  • Last reply: Sat. 22nd September 2018 09:36

Move plant from wish list to 'Plants I have'?

Comment from Kari Koonin

Is there an easy way to move a plant from 'Plants I want' to 'Plants I have'?

• Views: 112
  • Posted: Sun. 12th August 2018 09:10
  • Last reply: Sun. 12th August 2018 09:25

Adding a plant to "plants I would like" list

Question from Bill Broad

I wonder if anyone can help? I'm trying to add a plant to "plants I would like", but because it doesn't seem to be in the main Shoot plant list, it says there are no matches and therefore doesn't seem to allow me to progress. A general search on the internet confirms that this plant does exist, so I'm a bit puzzled. Would appreciate any advice.

• Views: 136
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 28th April 2018 10:30

Is it possible to aquire a whole plant list to edit?

Question from Rachael Taylor

Hi, great to just enter this amazing community. it does almost seem too good to be true but i thought i had gathered it was somehow possible to dowwload or transfer to one of my new gardens plant wish lists,. a whole plant list from one of the gardens featured on the site., Im trying to create something so similar in essence to the "A Traditional Family Garden by Pippa Schofield. Is that possible? Thanks so much Rachael

• Views: 126
  • Posted: Sun. 4th March 2018 12:55
  • Last reply: Sun. 4th March 2018 17:35