OK
In progress indicator

How to use the site

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 112

jpg not saving

Question from Stephanie Walker

Hi. Can anyone help? saving as a jpg at scale of 1:50 is only saving a small section of my design

• Views: 98
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sat. 16th May 2020 12:54
  • Last reply: Mon. 18th May 2020 10:08

showing a plant photo on the plan

Question from Nicola Howarth

On the video, when you associate a plant shape with a plant in the plant list, there was an option on the colour and size tab to use the photo of the plant. I don't have that option. Have I missed something?

• Views: 85
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 2nd May 2020 16:32

is there a maximum plan size?

I tried to create a plan of 220m by 160m. The resulting grid appeared to be significantly smaller around 33x33. Is there a maximum plan size? I was told on the hobby tutorial that 220 x 160 should be ok.

• Views: 108
  • Posted: Fri. 1st May 2020 12:54
  • Last reply: Fri. 1st May 2020 13:01

adding an image to a plan

I want to add an image to a plan so that I can trace it. The add image button doesn't allow me to say where the image is. How can I do this?

• Views: 43
  • Posted: Wed. 29th April 2020 22:19
  • Last reply: Thu. 30th April 2020 10:25

how do I create a plan

I have created a garden of 220m x 160m. When I open the planner there is no "new" button. How do I create a new plan?

• Views: 60
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Wed. 29th April 2020 22:09
  • Last reply: Fri. 1st May 2020 14:42

Care Calendar - apparent limitation to regions

Comment from JULIE G LANDMAN

Hello and greetings from Amsterdam!

I recently joined Shoot after searching for an online tool to help me with my gardening misadventures. I was very impressed with the resources and features, so much so that I joined even though the site was UK centric. The preferences do allow you to select a number of other countries, and Netherlands is one, so all seemed good on that end. Plus, the Netherlands is so similar to the UK that much of the plant talk in the forums would still apply to me as well.

So, all is well except for one little thing, the Care Calendar. I was frustrated because my calendar was empty despite having set my preferences and having plants in my "have" list, which I understood (from attending a webinar) were the two things needed. I checked and checked everything, but couldn't get the calendar to show anything. Well, this morning I had a thought -- was the fact that my selected country was Netherlands preventing this from working? Well, short answer is "yes". I changed my country and city to London, England, and voila, the calendar had all the things it should have.

So, I have selected a zone in UK that is same as my zone in NL in order to get the calendar to work for me, but it is a pity that I need to do this hack. Is this a known limitation, and are there any plans to add more support for other countries than the UK? I am just a ferry or a chunnel ride away after all. :)

• Views: 45
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sun. 19th April 2020 06:55

How do I reinstate an archived garden?

Question from Ann Balmforth

I have a number of gardens in my archive but I cannot see how to see them or to reinstate a garden if I need to.

• Views: 58
  • Posted: Wed. 15th April 2020 11:34
  • Last reply: Wed. 15th April 2020 16:30

How can I set the primary photo for a plant that has multiple photos?

Question from Vicky Jenkins

I have a plant in my garden (Acer 'Firecracker') and it has 4 photos associated with it. I am able to view all these photos (though I have to click the View all photos link twice to get the popup with the photos) but then I cannot do anything with the photos; neither remove any of them nor mark one as the primary photo (the link to do that doesn't do anything). Can you please tell me how to manage the photos for a specific plant (add/delete/set one as primary). Thanks.

• Views: 52
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Mon. 13th April 2020 18:00
  • Last reply: Sun. 19th April 2020 18:14

No plant symbols?

Question from Caroline Lennon

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to the site.
I've tried looking at a sample design but I can't get it to show plant symbols/outlines.
I'm using a Mac but I've made sure flash is enabled. all I'm getting is abbreviations for plants i.e. RP for rodgersia etc.
Can anyone help?
Im at a loss!!
TIA

• Views: 123
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Tue. 18th February 2020 19:38
  • Last reply: Wed. 19th February 2020 16:08

Triangulation

Question from Susannah Betts

Would be grateful if someone could advise how you plot onto the design using triangulation ? I tend to use triangulation more often than right angles off a baseline when surveying. Both methods are proving really hard to plot correctly with this program but any advice would be gratefully received.

• Views: 122
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 2nd December 2019 17:11
  • Last reply: Wed. 4th December 2019 12:01