OK
In progress indicator

Lonicera japonica 'Mint Crisp'

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Forum for Lonicera japonica 'Mint Crisp'

Go to the Lonicera japonica 'Mint Crisp' details page

Total number of topics in this forum: 6

My Honeysuckle mint crisp appears 'dead' after one weeks holiday. It was thriving before I left. It over two years old.s

Comment from Christine Thorp

My Honeysuckle mint crisp appears 'dead' after one weeks holiday. It was thriving before I left. It over two years old.
All the leaves are totally brown and dried. There are some new buds but they appear to be wilting.
There are some tiny silvery streaks on the underside of the leaf, but I can't see any pests.

• Views: 164
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Fri. 28th June 2019 17:00

Hi I have a similar problem to a post a few years ago. I planted Mint Crisp in June 2017 and it grew beautifully and survived the Beast from the East in March 2018. It vigorously climbed higher than our 6ft fence and has a similar width but suddenly muc

Comment from Jane Stymest

Hi I have a similar problem to a post a few years ago. I planted Mint Crisp in June 2017 and it grew beautifully and survived the Beast from the East in March 2018. It vigorously climbed higher than our 6ft fence and has a similar width but suddenly much of it is turning brown and the plant seems to be dying off. Interestingly below it is what was once a small,helathy azalea and this is also wilting badly yet the plants on either side are healthy and showing good growth. It is on a North facing fence but this also means the soil remains pretty moist so its not a lack of water problem. Any ideas?

• Views: 158
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 4th May 2019 10:47

l have just purchased tree of this variety of honey suckle because the label states that its evergreen. But you are stating that its semi evergreen. Which is correct?

Comment from Glen & Sue Hollow

l have just purchased tree of this variety of honey suckle because the label states that its evergreen. But you are stating that its semi evergreen. Which is correct?

• Views: 574
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 28th May 2014 07:44
  • Last reply: Sun. 3rd January 2016 14:12

sudden death of Mint Crisp!

Question from Kathryn Hinton

My Lonicera 'Mint Crisp' was probably the most healthy, vigorous plant in my new garden. It is on a trellis in quite a reasonably sunny spot, with a clematis alongside. Suddenly it looks nearly dead, as if it has had no water for a long time. I checked it for pests, tried to aerate the soil a bit, and watered it, but nothing seems to do any good. The clematis is fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?

• Views: 1044
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Sat. 12th May 2012 16:04
  • Last reply: Sun. 19th January 2014 21:22

Pruning

Question from kanwal chadha

Hello, when and how can I prune the climber? Many Thanks

• Views: 737
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sat. 26th November 2011 13:37
  • Last reply: Sun. 27th November 2011 08:03

Climber help for a gardening novice

Question from Paul Turner

I have a couple of lonicera japonica mint crisps and was wondering what the best way is to make them climb up my wall. They have been planted for about 12 months and look a bit heavy in the middle area. They are attached to some trellis that stands at the top of my 5ft wall. Thanks

• Views: 749
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Tue. 12th April 2011 17:58
  • Last reply: Mon. 18th April 2011 18:23