OK
In progress indicator

Suggestion box

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

What improvements would you like us to make to the Shoot website?

Total number of topics in this forum: 39

printing suggestion/query

Comment from Nicola Howarth

Is it possible to print just a section of the plan along with the plant list for that section? I have only been able to print on one/two pages, which is far too small for my garden. I would like to be able to draw a box around a section and print that section and all the plants in it. I thought I had seen something like this on the video but can't find it, maybe I imagined it. It seems an obvious thing to want to do with a large garden.

• Views: 61
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd May 2020 16:04
  • Last reply: Wed. 27th May 2020 11:16

shoot planner plant list

I have a 3.5 acre garden with some sections densely planted, and a very large and growing plant list. On the web page I can look at my plant list by single group, but in the planner I can't do this. It appears to be ordered by group and then alphabetically by plant, but it would be very helpful if it could be filtered by group. Also if a plant is in more than one group it appears in both groups on the web page (excellent) but only seems to appear in one of the groups on the planner, which then needs a lot of searching to find the plant. So a suggestion and a possible bug here.

• Views: 79
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd May 2020 16:02

notifications by email

I always tick the box to receive notifications by email when the topic is updated - I have had plenty of replies in the forum, but never received an email. Maybe this facitility doesn't work?

• Views: 66
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd May 2020 15:59

what has changed in the latest version

I have just carried out an 'upgrade' but I have no idea what version I am on as it does not seem to appear anywhere (most applications have the version under 'help - about'), and there is no information on what, if anything has changed. Is it just bug fixes, are there some new features, or what?

• Views: 23
  • Posted: Sat. 23rd May 2020 15:58

Search facility needs improvement

When I search for how to set up a group, all I get is a list of plants. There really needs to be a separate search for help in how to use the tool which looks at forums or other help pages. In general I have found the information on using the tool very poor. The videos are good but are very general, and there seems to be no way of asking how to do specific things without resorting to the forums. Much better search facility is needed.

• Views: 63
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Thu. 30th April 2020 10:37
  • Last reply: Sat. 23rd May 2020 16:09

minor bug when adding plants

If you add plants through the multiple plants box, then when you confirm you get a message saying how many plants you have added. This is fine, but then if you go back and delete a comment from one of these plants, the box which says how many you have added pops up again, rather than a box saying you have deleted a comment.

• Views: 37
  • Posted: Thu. 30th April 2020 10:31
  • Last reply: Thu. 30th April 2020 11:23

minor quibble when adding plants

When you add plants through the box where you can add multiple plants, and you then choose from a list of possible plants, whatever you have typed in gets added as a comment. This is a pain as it is usually unwanted information (duplicate of plant name) and then you have to go back and delete it. Adding what you have typed as a comment should be optional (via a tick box).

• Views: 39
  • Posted: Thu. 30th April 2020 10:29
  • Last reply: Thu. 30th April 2020 11:25

Perennial siblings hunt

Question from Daisy Patch

For my Mum’s 80th birthday I want to give a her hardy perennial collection with our family names in (Philip, Margaret, Adrian) . So far I’ve found clematis (Prince Philip, Margaret Hunt and Adrian James) but I can't find Adrian Hunt anywhere. Does anyone know where I might get it? Or know of another hardy plant with those names (small garden)?

• Views: 69
  • Posted: Sun. 22nd March 2020 13:46

Improve Use Of Groups

Comment from David Scarle

Hi - like many other gardens I have lots of different borders and I use the "Groups" feature to segregate them; would it please be possible to select a group when adding a plant to the plant list, this would save lots of time when entering the plant schedule for a new group, current you have to add the plant to my list and then separately move it into the correct group.

Also it would be good if we could print / display Care Instructions by Group ... this would give us a "Work To List" for each bed.

• Views: 108
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Thu. 30th January 2020 12:47
  • Last reply: Mon. 3rd February 2020 10:16

Filter plants in Planner

Comment from Simon Berry

Wouild it be possible to filter plants in Planner (especially the desktop version) by Groups? Also, maybe the ability to search for a plant from those available in the list?

• Views: 111
  • Posted: Mon. 25th November 2019 18:34
  • Last reply: Mon. 25th November 2019 19:01