OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

We have had a lot of strong feedback on our Instagram and Facebook pages on our communities feelings about recycling plant pots. If you have a comment, know anyone who needs plant pots or if you know garden centres or plant nurseries which accept back plant pots, please share here. Thank you!

Total number of topics in this forum: 714

Ash die back

General post from mrs finch

The listing for weeping ash says no general disease, is it not susceptible to ash die back?

I know there is a forum for disease but there does not seem to be much activity there

• Views: 32
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sun. 29th August 2021 08:25

Can I split a libertia graniflora

Question from Kathy Meade

Hello, I have a rather old ( 9 years) libertia grandiflora which I love (being a kiwi). It was flowering profusely up until a year or so ago and this year again the flowers were rather sparse. It is also very 'woody' around the outside.

Can I dig it up and split it? would that rejuvenate it? and could I do that now? Or should I just invest in a new plant?

Any advice really welcome. Thanks so much in anticipation.

Kathy

• Views: 19
  • Posted: Sat. 28th August 2021 11:59

Daffodils to naturalise on a windy site

Question from Yvonne Horgan

New build house with no garden, which is fun, a clean slate. Post and rail fence between our lawn and a large field, facing NW, so exposed to cold North winter wind. I've planted climbing roses (on the basis they will be dormant during the worst of it), but would like to fill the space between them (still grassed) with spring bulbs, but I'm concerned the wind will simply knock them down as soon as they flower. I love the look of daffs nodding in the breeze like gossiping neighbours, but the wind really rips across the field. I don't want to put anything solid up because we like the view. Any recommendations for wind resistant narcissi?

• Views: 34
  • Posted: Sun. 15th August 2021 10:48

Saw this plant does anyone know what it's called?

Question from Barry sullivan

does anyone know what this plant is please.

• Views: 79
  • Posted: Sat. 10th July 2021 20:21

Website help

Question from Liz

Can you delete and/or edit My Garden. I seem to have got into a mess and lost my plants. I need two garden headings Container plants and Front Garden. Can I do this. I am finding the website a little confusing.

Liz

• Views: 89
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 16th June 2021 18:16
  • Last reply: Thu. 17th June 2021 08:11

Plant missing from list

Question from Chris Bray

Beautiful Bidens moonlight (p) is not on the list.
I am new to Shoot so not sure how to get the plant listed.
Thank you Chris

• Views: 57
  • Posted: Wed. 9th June 2021 16:28
  • Last reply: Thu. 10th June 2021 10:17

What is this plant

Question from Nikki Griffith

Please can someone tell me what this plant is? Flowering now

• Views: 65
  • Posted: Thu. 20th May 2021 10:14

Mirrors

Comment from Jan Helle

Can mirrors give the same amount of reflected sunlight as real sunlight?

• Views: 54
  • Posted: Fri. 14th May 2021 19:39

can anyone suggest a wind screening plant

Question from Eve Galbraith

Hi All,

Im new here and to gardening, well started at the beginning of lock down like so many other folk! Really enjoying it but can be overwhelming - so much to learn.

Im looking for plants to grow against the patio area fence to shield us from the wind. We live just outside Edinburgh very near the coast, Oh and no flowers during spring and summer - hay fever! Its a small garden with nowhere to put tender plants so ideally they need to be hardy.

Any ideas folks? Be so grateful for your help.

Thanks
Eve

• Views: 61
  • Posted: Sun. 2nd May 2021 17:49

Can anyone suggest a low growing plant to deter pigeons?

Question from mrs finch

Hi, my bird feeder is in a prime spot where I can see it from the conservatory. Despite using no mess bird food there is always a pigeon or two waddling around underneath it trampling anything I attempt to grow. Can anyone suggest a low growing evergreen prickly plant that I can plant round it. Preferably, but not essentially something that smaller birds can hop through/under. Thankyou.

• Views: 122
  • Posted: Sat. 6th February 2021 09:12
  • Last reply: Sat. 27th March 2021 20:01