OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

We have had a lot of strong feedback on our Instagram and Facebook pages on our communities feelings about recycling plant pots. If you have a comment, know anyone who needs plant pots or if you know garden centres or plant nurseries which accept back plant pots, please share here. Thank you!

Total number of topics in this forum: 702

Echinacea, young plants

Question from Hilshils

Advice PLEASE: I have 4 new young echinacea plants, expensive so I don’t want to lose them! Do I plant them out in the border now? Or put in a larger pot and keep in the cold frame?

• Views: 45
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Thu. 5th November 2020 14:26

Oxeye Daisy - dividing

Question from Fiona Dean

The plant notes say divide and replant in August. I haven't wanted to do this as it is still flowering. There are still a few new blooms to open up and I had planned to wait until these were all done as I like to help the insects for as much and as long as possible. Can I do the division in, say, another couple of weeks' time? I probably won't replant many, just cull, because they have gone mad and I'm finding all the dead-heading too much of a chore! They look fantastic but I want fewer of them!

• Views: 68
  • Posted: Fri. 9th October 2020 14:56

Salvia gregii Icing Sugar - taking cuttings

Question from Fiona Dean

My sister-in-law was here on Monday and loved this. She asked for cuttings in spring. On checking the care for this plant it says cuttings should be taken in August. Is that because it flowers into early autumn? (It's still got loads of blooms on it, I live in the Midlands of the UK), south-facing garden.)

What would be the result of taking cuttings now? Should I wait until after it has finished flowering?

• Views: 53
  • Posted: Fri. 9th October 2020 14:54

Wisteria leaves wilting

Question from NICOLA BLYTH

My recently planted wisteria (June 2020) has been romping away but over the last 2 weeks I have noticed some leaves are curling, dry and dying. I thought it might be because it wasn't reveiving enough water so have been watering everyday to no avail. Can anyone advise?
Thank you in advance

Nic

• Views: 64
  • Posted: Mon. 28th September 2020 17:32

What to Mulch with

Comment from David

I went up to my allotment today to collect my compost I’ve made and its been contaminated with bindweed. (So I’m not using this) My question is what’s the best to mulch my flower beds with this year?

• Views: 60
  • Posted: Sat. 26th September 2020 17:21

Are Tatta Chantrieri's poisonous to cats

Question from Caitlynn Lewjs

Are Tavva Chantrieri's poisonous to cats?

• Views: 136
  • Posted: Mon. 7th September 2020 02:36

A seed from on high which is enveloping my new garden......

Comment from Jan Helle

I guess it's some sort of squash/pumpkin?

• Views: 79
  • Posted: Tue. 25th August 2020 21:01

Even more seeds for bees

Comment from Jan Helle

Thank you!

• Views: 75
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Tue. 25th August 2020 20:54
  • Last reply: Wed. 2nd September 2020 16:19

More on seeds for bees

Comment from Jan Helle

Please help with identification. Thank you

• Views: 70
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Tue. 25th August 2020 20:49
  • Last reply: Thu. 27th August 2020 20:15

Seeds for bees

Comment from Jan Helle

I received a packet of seeds for bees and duly sprinkled them into a very large pot and an area at the bottom of the garden. To my chagrin, I recognised none of the plants, so help would be much apprecitaed

• Views: 40
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Tue. 25th August 2020 20:45
  • Last reply: Thu. 27th August 2020 14:19