OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 662

How to take cuttings

Question from john

How and when best time to take cuttings of Physocarpus Opulifolius Diabolo are they softwood or hardwood cuttings.

John

• Views: 2
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Tue. 16th October 2018 15:18

Rose Pruning

Question from Jill Chambers

Some say prune hybrid teas hard in the autumn and then lightly in the spring. Others recommend the opposite. Any views plse?

• Views: 8
  • Posted: Tue. 9th October 2018 15:06

Rose Pruning

Question from Jill Chambers

This summer my hybrid tea roses lost most of their leaves and I've had to remove others because of black spot. The weather has been very hot and they are beginning to recover with the fall in temperature. Any idea why their leaves fall and whether I can prevent it?

• Views: 5
  • Posted: Tue. 9th October 2018 15:04

Magnolia

Question from Martin England

My Magnolia has been poor for a number of years, this year we had a good spring display and now in early August we have loads of buds that are looking like another good display is this unusual

• Views: 26
  • Posted: Sun. 5th August 2018 10:15

Meconopsis care

Question from caroline allen

I was bought a meconopsis which I still have in a pot and not planted in the garden yet.. All the leaves have died down now. Is this normal and what care should I take now.

• Views: 12
  • Posted: Fri. 3rd August 2018 22:11

Seed storage over winter

Question from Janice Joy

I need to store several types of seeds till the next growing season. In the past I have used envelopes, jars, and zip lock bags. Typically our basement gets wet at some point causing the seeds to get fungus, rot or even be eated by rodents. This year I was thinking to use cleaned out pill bottles and put silica packet in, Would that be good or harmful. Silica packets are used to keep things dry - but would it dry the life out of the seeds?

• Views: 17
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 1st August 2018 19:16
  • Last reply: Thu. 2nd August 2018 12:50

Artichoke

General post from jurek bielecki

My 2 year old Artichoke plants are in a sorry state due to the hot weather and lack of rain how can I revive them?

• Views: 16
  • Posted: Sun. 29th July 2018 12:59

Plant Identification

General post from Barrie Davis

I am unfamiliar with this fast growing plant which appears to have come in with the soil of some bought bedding plants. What have I got please?

• Views: 34
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Tue. 17th July 2018 12:51
  • Last reply: Wed. 18th July 2018 10:45

Planting in dry clay soil

Question from Gwen Bragg

Now I have cut down my perennials I have a lot of bare soil. I can't plant anything as the clay soil is too hard

• Views: 19
  • Posted: Mon. 16th July 2018 10:39

Pruning group 1

Question from Lynley Ball

What do you have to think about if a plant is in Pruning group 1

• Views: 33
  • Posted: Sun. 17th June 2018 02:52