OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

We have had a lot of strong feedback on our Instagram and Facebook pages on our communities feelings about recycling plant pots. If you have a comment, know anyone who needs plant pots or if you know garden centres or plant nurseries which accept back plant pots, please share here. Thank you!

Total number of topics in this forum: 705

My next door neighbours tree is taking my water

Question from Teresa Skinner

I planted three climbing roses for this year, but one in particular, is really struggling to survive. I am assuming my next doors silver birch is taking all the water I am giving it. Any ideas?

• Views: 89
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Wed. 17th June 2020 14:10

Flamingo Willow tree

Question from Gary Brown

We bought a 4ft flamingo willow tree planted in a south facing garden in a sunny/shady area but the leaves have gone brown and flaking off. We have now put it in a pot. Can you advise how to resolve the issue.

• Views: 109
  • Posted: Sat. 13th June 2020 09:37

woolly aphid control

Question from Charmian Perkins

Hi,

Please could you let me know whether Cryptoline (Cryptolaemus Montrouzieri) eat Adalia bipunctata? I have both aphids (on roses) and woolly aphids (on crab apple tree) in my garden and was wondering whether it's possible to introduce both predators?

Thank you!
Charmian

• Views: 122
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 14:32

What type of pest leaves a glittery sheen to the leaf but isnt slugs or snails?

Question from Laura Newton

What type of pest leaves a glittery sheen to the leaf but isnt slugs or snails?
thanks

• Views: 121
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sun. 24th May 2020 11:22
  • Last reply: Mon. 8th June 2020 14:30

Brief Description

Comment from Mary Brady-Maguire

I already trialled the free offer and input brief description and photo of the garden. However, when I went to register for 12 month subscription these details seem to have disappeared!?! Although the soil type attributes remained!
do I need to re-input details/photo??
Also, Co Westmeath is not on the drop-down menu :(

• Views: 113
  • Posted: Mon. 18th May 2020 22:50

What is wrong with my wisteria

Question from Lynne Prebble

What is wrong with my wisteria?

• Views: 115
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Mon. 18th May 2020 12:40
  • Last reply: Fri. 22nd May 2020 15:53

What’s wrong here

Photo from Lynne Prebble

Can anyone suggest what’s wrong here?

• Views: 63
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Mon. 18th May 2020 12:26
  • Last reply: Fri. 22nd May 2020 20:21

Loads of mushrooms

Question from Nicola B

Hello everyone

I've been a member for about a year, but it's my first time posting *waves*

I'm a terrible gardener but want to be better. For quite a few years, I did none at all and let my garden overgrow terribly. When I finally saw sense and did something about it, I cleared a lot of the garden. To buy me some time until I figured out what to do with it, I laid down weed mats over the cleared areas and added bark chippings.

A month or so ago, I noticed there were tiny little mushrooms growing under the soil in some open bottomed planters I have. I thought it was stranger but had heard fungi wasn't a bad thing, so congratulated myself on finally getting something right!

Yesterday I was tending the planters and noticed there were loads of mushrooms! I noticed even more on a patch that still has bark laid down.

Is this the dreaded ringless honey fungi? I can see that some of them are growing on and around the bark. But they're also growing in the planters where there isn't any bark. And, I only put those planters in last year so I know there isn't any tree stumps or dead wood in them.

Any advice on what they are, or what to do would be very welcome!

Thank you

• Views: 129
  • Posted: Sun. 10th May 2020 12:54

Red panda bamboo

Question from Rachel

I know that Red Panda bamboo Jiuzhaigou '1' is a clumping bamboo, but can it be invasive? I'm planning to use it for light screening in a raised bed, which has breeze block sides, but a soil base.

• Views: 73
  • Posted: Sun. 3rd May 2020 14:48

what is the best product to use to feed laurel

Question from Adam Byrne

I have a run of mature laurels running along the top of a bank which is very dry and hard baked. The laurels are starting to loose some vigour and colour, ehat would be the best product to use to feed them,

• Views: 85
  • Posted: Sat. 25th April 2020 08:20