OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 672

Distreesed sneezewort

Question from Ron Dawes

I have a number of Achiilea 'Double Diamond, grown from seed and planted out this spring into a border. Two of the plants have grown very quickly and become 'leggy'. They have now topped over exhibiting classic water shortage. They did pick up slightly after heavy rain last week but reverted to the drooping look within 24 hours. I have tried trickle watering overnight to no avail. The other plants seem OK but they in a slightly more shaded position. Any ideas?

• Views: 107
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Mon. 3rd July 2017 11:26
  • Last reply: Thu. 13th July 2017 06:02

Clematis Winter Beauty

Question from Di Bennett

Hi! How early can I plant out what arrived as 7cm plug plants in the spring, and which I have been nurturing indoors? Instructions say ' Autumn', but I'd like to try earlier, if feasible. Will be going into a large garden planter, trained on an obelisk against a sheltered (but sunny) brick wall facing south-east. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Views: 135
  • Posted: Wed. 28th June 2017 15:12
  • Last reply: Tue. 1st August 2017 12:15

Help please in identifying this

Question from Jeremy Lea

Hi, can anyone tell me what the name of you plant is?

It's in a south facing bed, poor soil, about 450mm high and a spread of about 300mm plus. The leaves are pinnate and the flowers are like purple balls.

Hope this helps and thanks for looking
It's *

• Views: 165
  • Posted: Wed. 21st June 2017 14:32
  • Last reply: Tue. 27th June 2017 08:07

Planting a clematis where one has already grown

Question from Silentboo

I have just dug up my ridiculously massive and well established clematis praecox.
I have another (hopefully more manageable) clematis in a small pot at the moment. Can I plant it in the same hole?
I know there's a rule for roses, just wondered if the same applied to most plants?

• Views: 186
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Tue. 13th June 2017 07:13
  • Last reply: Sun. 16th July 2017 18:16

cyclamen seedheads?

Question from Jan Helle

I noticed these really big heads on one of my winter cyclamen plants. Are they seed heads and what di I do to produce new plants?

• Views: 164
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Tue. 6th June 2017 18:47

Remove Bark and grow a lawn

Question from Michael

Hi,

I need some help & advice on how to grow a perfect lawn, to set your expectations, i have no previous experiance in gardening apart from growing my very own sunflower when i was younger. Now i have moved into a new home, i really need to take advantage of the summer weather.

The current set up
The garden is covered in bark with soil underneath.

Steps taken so far
I have racked the bark and soil to one side, Now i have a little bit of soil remaining, i can see it all rest on top of a ground sheet.

How to proceed
This is where i am now stuck, i'm not sure what the best course of action would be, do i remove the ground sheet? do i grow the grass on top

Please can someone assist in providing the steps needed to grow a new lawn.

Your help is very much appreciated

• Views: 187
  • Posted: Sun. 4th June 2017 19:35
  • Last reply: Tue. 27th June 2017 08:18

Help!!!

Question from Hannah Bailey

Any idea what this is??

• Views: 205
  • Posted: Fri. 2nd June 2017 20:01
  • Last reply: Sat. 3rd June 2017 07:38

Lopsided Camellia

Comment from Jeremy Lea

Hi all,
I have a lovely Camellia that has just finished flowering, however for reasons best known to itself it has all gone lopsided.

Can anyone please help me correct it? (pruning perhaps? )

Thanks in anticipation

By the way, I've also put this in an alternative forum, apologies for the duplication

• Views: 171
  • Posted: Fri. 26th May 2017 13:45

Anemone - Mr Fokker

Question from Michael Flynn

Hi, I bought a variety pack of summer bulbs to create a display in a planter. The pack included these Anemone Mr Fokker and I planted the bulbs in April and brought them on in my greenhouse until this week. They seemed to be doing OK until I noticed the Anemones looked very limp at the base with some growth dying off. The flower stems are very thin and droopy despite flowering. Is there any reason they are like this as I would like to learn form my mistakes if I have done something wrong.
Thanks
Michael

• Views: 135
  • Posted: Mon. 22nd May 2017 18:48

Can anyone identify this plant please

Photo from Karen

Having trouble identifying this plant

• Views: 132
  • Posted: Mon. 22nd May 2017 14:50