OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

We have had a lot of strong feedback on our Instagram and Facebook pages on our communities feelings about recycling plant pots. If you have a comment, know anyone who needs plant pots or if you know garden centres or plant nurseries which accept back plant pots, please share here. Thank you!

Total number of topics in this forum: 706

Wisteria not flowering

Comment from Clare Jeffries

After four years of watching my wisteria each spring and getting disappointed due to it not showing any sign of flowering, should I just bin it? I got it from Burford garden centre and paid a small fortune but I am bored of looking at its leaves now. If I move it will it flower or is it a duff?

• Views: 161
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 21st May 2018 20:18

Parthenocissus Cultivars

Question from Andy Bettison

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the difference between Veitchii & Robusta?

Thanks

• Views: 95
  • Posted: Mon. 21st May 2018 10:13

Anyone recognise this plant?

Question from Rachael

Found this growing in my garden, any ideas?

• Views: 215
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 2nd May 2018 18:54
  • Last reply: Mon. 7th May 2018 11:36

Potted conifer cuttings growing very close

Question from coopern

Have got a few 6 inch plant pots with 3 conifer cuttings in each, all growing well, about 8 inches high. Splitting them risks damaging roots. Should I just leave them growing in 3's and plant out in due course? Will they hinder one another, should I cut off the weakest?

• Views: 138
  • Posted: Thu. 19th April 2018 10:33

Anyone know where I can get Nemesia Papaya

Question from Marion Faust

Two years ago I bought a number of Nemesia plants. One was Nemesia papaya and it was beautiful and flowered throughout the summer. I did try to collect the seeds but was unsuccessful. Since then I have not seen it at any garden centre. Has anyone come across it in the Essex or Kent area. Very grateful for any help.

• Views: 144
  • Posted: Mon. 9th April 2018 16:08

Moving roses

Question from Deborah

I have about 10 rose bushes that I want to move or give away. How and when is the best time to do this?

• Views: 160
  • Posted: Tue. 3rd April 2018 10:49
  • Last reply: Sat. 7th April 2018 13:58

Trachelospermum jasminoides

Question from Paul Grinham

I have a 2 x Trachelospermum jasminoides on a post and wire support that simply have no vigour - they are not dead but they show no inclination to fill the wires with a nice green back drop and scent when in flower. They are 2 years old and are probably no bigger then when planted.

They are well mulched and chicken pellets dug in each year. Any suggestions on what might be the issue / how to perk up.

Also any suggestions on what might work in the say way ie evergreen screen

• Views: 279
  • Posted: Mon. 2nd April 2018 19:32
  • Last reply: Sun. 10th June 2018 23:14

Begonia propagation

Question from Ian McGinley

Is it possible to take stem cuttings from tuberous Begonias? They are beginning to grow in my greenhouse. I have use of a propagation which continuously sprays water under the cuttings, though I suspect this may rot rather than root in this instance!

• Views: 145
  • Posted: Mon. 2nd April 2018 11:39

pruning

Question from Katherine Simmonds

what is pruning group 9

• Views: 364
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 9th March 2018 13:12
  • Last reply: Thu. 10th January 2019 15:02

Preparation of ground for tapesty lawn?

General post from Rose Stockwell

I have lifted my lawn and wish to replace it with a tapestry lawn - thymes etc. How should I prepare the soil? The soil is neutral. A layer of grit and sand to ensure drainage? I will be using plug plants.

Many thanks.

• Views: 270
  • Posted: Wed. 17th January 2018 12:06
  • Last reply: Mon. 22nd January 2018 12:31