OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

We have had a lot of strong feedback on our Instagram and Facebook pages on our communities feelings about recycling plant pots. If you have a comment, know anyone who needs plant pots or if you know garden centres or plant nurseries which accept back plant pots, please share here. Thank you!

Total number of topics in this forum: 697

i wont be around much

Comment from Martin Gale (windygale)

Hi, what an end of a year we're having, my wife when down with a cold that she couldn't get rid of, then lost a lot of weight, we have been told she may have leukemia,
how do we deal with it,
she's having blood tests, and have to go to hospital shortly to see the man, and run more tests,

anyway i won't be around much

windy

• Views: 1081
  • Replies: 11
  • Posted: Wed. 31st December 2008 12:33
  • Last reply: Fri. 30th January 2009 20:36

Who will be

General post from Martin Gale (windygale)

Hi All, who will be recycling their christmas cards this year, instead of putting them into the waste bins.
I've started, when they come throught the door i shred the empty envelopes and add it to my compost heap,

Mery Christmas and a happr New Year

Windy

• Views: 831
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 13th December 2008 15:38
  • Last reply: Sun. 14th December 2008 20:31

Tetanus

Tip from Laura Thomas

Just a timely reminder as I have just had my tetanus booster, that gardeners in particular need to be up to date with their tetanus immunisation every 10 years.
http://www.safegardening.co.uk/how-to-avoid-tetanus.html

• Views: 789
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Wed. 3rd December 2008 15:33

Path flowers

Question from Nic R

I have a crazy pazed purbeck stone path and would like to plant something in the cracks sporadically to break up the length of the path. A friend suggested creeping thyme, but this seems to be more of an edging plant rather than something that can be planted between paving stones. All suggestions appreciated.

• Views: 950
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Fri. 24th October 2008 14:55
  • Last reply: Tue. 28th October 2008 16:05

Yew hedge under a walnut tree

Question from Charles Smyth-Osbourne

I planted a yew hedge this spring and while some of the plants look healthy an alarming number are turning brown and look as if they may die. The hedge is under a walnut tree and I have heard that walnut trees can cause problems. Could this be the source of the problem and does anyone have a solution.

• Views: 921
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sat. 20th September 2008 20:36
  • Last reply: Tue. 23rd September 2008 13:35

fuchia cuttings

Question from ann noble

can you please tell me what i do wrong, i have tried a few times to grow fuchias from cuttings but when i enclose them in a plastic bag or put them in an unheated propogater condensation makes them rot.

• Views: 980
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Thu. 18th September 2008 08:50
  • Last reply: Sun. 13th September 2009 14:53

catalpa

Question from C M Velarde

I picked two pods from a catalpa tree in the south of France last week. What do I do now?

• Views: 783
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Fri. 12th September 2008 08:36
  • Last reply: Tue. 16th September 2008 15:13

How do you make a greenhouse safe?

Question from jean anderson

I have been given a greenhouse and wont to see if I can make it safe for children without the expense of re glazing with toughend glass. I believe there is a film you can apply.
1. Is it any good and are there any problems?
2. Where do you get it and does it affect the greenhouse light?

• Views: 873
  • Posted: Sun. 7th September 2008 09:01
  • Last reply: Tue. 9th September 2008 07:30

Golden Wedding anniversary

Question from Jeana Gorman

Hi I'm organising containers and window boxes for a golden wedding anniversary next summer (boxes will be planted June - October) Does anyone have any suggestions for colour schemes for this anniversary and long flowering plants. We're in Edinburgh where it can be windy and very wet.
Thanks

• Views: 839
  • Posted: Mon. 1st September 2008 10:33
  • Last reply: Tue. 2nd September 2008 11:13

wedding flowers in June

Question from Heather Ogston

Hi everyone looking for a bit of advice.
I am getting married June the 6th next year and would like advice on the best flowers that will be in bloom then. I am living in the western isles so although it is not very cold it is windy! My idea is to grow flowers in pots to have outside our marquee for the wedding. Any advice?
Thanks

• Views: 816
  • Posted: Thu. 21st August 2008 20:21
  • Last reply: Thu. 21st August 2008 21:07