OK
In progress indicator

General

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

We have had a lot of strong feedback on our Instagram and Facebook pages on our communities feelings about recycling plant pots. If you have a comment, know anyone who needs plant pots or if you know garden centres or plant nurseries which accept back plant pots, please share here. Thank you!

Total number of topics in this forum: 697

New gardener - Identify plants

Question from Darren Gregory

Hi, I'm new to gardening and have a few plants I'd like to know what they are... Here's number 3

• Views: 803
  • Replies: 9
  • Posted: Fri. 18th July 2008 18:25
  • Last reply: Sat. 25th April 2009 22:12

New Gardener - Identify plants

Question from Darren Gregory

Hi, I'm new to gardening and have a few plants I'd like to know what they are... Here's number 2

• Views: 691
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Fri. 18th July 2008 18:23
  • Last reply: Sat. 19th July 2008 17:22

Care Calendar

Comment from Laura Thomas

not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I just want to say how much I like this site and all the gardening help and wealth of info it offers. The Care Calendar is really useful as it prompts me each month to do those gardening tasks I need to do for the plants I have added to my gardens. It even provides links as to how to do them too e.g. taking soft cuttings

Well done Shoot - so glad I found you!

• Views: 943
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Mon. 23rd June 2008 20:51
  • Last reply: Tue. 1st July 2008 09:14

Fire pits

Question from Jeana Gorman

HI
I'm considering buying a fire pit for the garden, we don't have a very large patio to put it on. I wondered if anyone had bought one and what they thought of it and them in general.

I'm not sure how safe it would be.

• Views: 863
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Fri. 13th June 2008 15:24
  • Last reply: Tue. 17th June 2008 15:04

Climbing Jasmine

Question from Marrel Tallett

My climbing jasmine has small purple berries on it. Can I remove the berries and dry them - do they contain seeds from which I can grow more jasmine from?

• Views: 731
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 1st June 2008 15:20
  • Last reply: Tue. 3rd June 2008 12:42

How big will this magnolia get?

Question from liz hankins

I am new to gardening so I do help someone can help me identify this magnolia.
I bought it early 2007 from a Telegraph offer, root wrapped with no foliage and as had not moved to my new house planted it temporarily in a pot. It is still in the pot as I am hesitating to plant it as am now unsure which magnolia it is and how big it will get? Amazingly it has sprouted flowers despite being in the same pot & not much soil for over a year!

I intended to plant it in my North East facing lawn (the soil has a high clay content) as a screen between my house and the house opposite but am worried that it could grow to 30ft or so and overshadow the whole garden.
Please can anyone identify it and tell me how big it might grow?

• Views: 1031
  • Replies: 8
  • Posted: Fri. 30th May 2008 14:24
  • Last reply: Sun. 8th June 2008 20:45

Shallow bed, wet in winter

Question from Wendy

Have created a new border which only has a depth of 18" of topsoil until the subsoil is reached. Previously this area was part of the lawn, which gets very wet in winter (clay underneath). I would like to plant a mixture of shrubs and wonder if anyone knows what would like wet, heavy, shallow soil?

• Views: 951
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Thu. 22nd May 2008 22:46
  • Last reply: Sat. 24th May 2008 15:47

Ceanothus

Question from Jeana Gorman

Hi
I love Ceanothus but I am trying to buy one with bright blue flowers. Does anyone know which plant has the brightest flowers? Thanks
Jeana

• Views: 1020
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Thu. 22nd May 2008 16:31
  • Last reply: Fri. 23rd May 2008 15:01

Help identifying mystery shrubs?

Question from Faye Wimpenny

Hi,

I have 4 shrubs in my garden that I am really struggeling to identify.

This one has flowered from April to May and does not seem to get much bigger than about 50cm tall.

I will add the other as comments. If you can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Faye

• Views: 896
  • Replies: 10
  • Posted: Fri. 16th May 2008 22:56
  • Last reply: Tue. 18th October 2011 00:37

Garden Layouts

Question from Stephen Clayton

Help please - is it possible to save more than one garden layout - say one for front garden and one for rear?

Site just gets better and better - well done!

Steve

• Views: 813
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 26th April 2008 11:23
  • Last reply: Mon. 2nd June 2008 14:08