OK
In progress indicator

Garden design

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 156

Can I save my first plan as my second garden

Question from Sharon Cargill

I have spent quite a bit of time drawing out a plan of my garden, however I would like to save this original outline as a new name (my second garden plan), so that I can try an alternative design on the same outline without having to redraw it. Any suggestions? Thank you

• Views: 40
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Tue. 18th May 2021 22:27

Visualise my garden through the seasons

Question from Lucy Beck

Hi All, I’m a newbie and a novice gardener just starting out. I have a large garden in Fovant on the outskirts of Salisbury.
I joined the platform in the hope I would be able to visualise my garden through the seasons. I’d like to make sure there is always something of interest from say March through to October with flowers and leaves changing colour etc.
Does anyone have any tips on how to do this please? Or could you point me to any apps for the UK market that will help me do this.

• Views: 43
  • Posted: Wed. 5th May 2021 07:28

Extra curve points on object in garden planner

Question from Chocomocco

Hi,

I'm using the hobby garden planner to design our garden ready for landscaping, Is there any way to add extra curve points onto an object. I have a nice square lawn with edging added to my design but I want to add some curved beds and then have the lawn curve around them. At the moment there's only 1x green curve handle on each side?

Alternatively any tips to help with this would be great. Less concerned about actual colour/look as we'll choose products with the landscaper, it's just to get a visualisation of our idea printed out and something they can refer to (e.g. where to lay the lawn edging!).

Thanks.

• Views: 58
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Tue. 13th April 2021 10:35
  • Last reply: Tue. 13th April 2021 13:29

Moodboard

Question from Sophie Knittel

I have seen on Shoot Gardening's Facebook and Instagram accounts posts that there is the possibility to create mood boards. I am interested in this feature for my own garden but can't seem to find it. Could anyone help?
Thank you

• Views: 87
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Thu. 25th March 2021 13:09
  • Last reply: Thu. 25th March 2021 18:23

informal screening / softening of view of raised beds

Question from Michael Nolan

Hoping for suggestions...I have just had a veg flower garden created with high raised beds (high because I hope to graze sheep around them at times to keep the area informal but under control. However they start at the top of a slope about 30 feet long rising 6 feet from the house and look an eyesore being at eye level . The slope tapers but starts at about 30 feet wide I need low maintenance screen or at least something to soften the view about 8/12 feet high that is tough (windy here at 800 feet in Lancashire) thought of foreground rugosa backed with something taller such as field maple pruned as needed to control height but a bit boring maybe?? soil loamy a bit acidic shallow with rock and clay under but as a slope reasonably drained not shady any ideas appreciated

• Views: 139
  • Posted: Sat. 16th January 2021 13:05
  • Last reply: Sat. 30th January 2021 12:42

printing out in Shoot - key / numbers not aligned with plants

Question from Ellen

When I print my garden plan to paper or pdf, I have ticked box saying I want plants to be numbered so it's easier to look them up on the key. But the numbers are not nicely on top of the plant they are offset to the right, so with all the plants I have they are actually sitting on the wrong plants and totally confusing! Is there a wrong setting or someting I can change to align them? Thankyou

• Views: 132
  • Posted: Mon. 12th October 2020 14:22

What size compact tractor do I need?

Question from DerekShellman66

If you plan to use your tractor for mowing in addition to other basic farming tasks, like manure handling, consider a compact tractor with 25 to 45 hp. Compact tractors are convenient and easy to use. They're small size also allows you to store them in a garage or shed.

• Views: 114
  • Posted: Mon. 21st September 2020 00:30
  • Last reply: Thu. 8th October 2020 10:09

Ribes Nigrum - please may we have a "Blackcurrant Plant" in the Fruit objects.

Question from Mr Paul Davies

I have tried to add Ribes Nigrum Baldwin from "My Plants" to the garden. However, I need to associate it with a "Fruit object" to enable it to be placed in the garden design. There is already a "Gooseberry Plant" and a "Red Currant Plant" - neither of which will accept Ribes Nigrum Baldwin as an association. If there was a "Blackcurrant Plant" fruit object then this could function in a similar way that the "Gooseberry Plant" does - ie: I also have "Ribes Uva-crispa" in "My Plants" but it is not associated with "Gooseberry Plant".

• Views: 214
  • Posted: Fri. 5th June 2020 14:08

Using the garden planner, how can I make my chosen ground cover 'go to the back'.

Question from Allison Mcintosh

Every time I try to put something on top of my ground cover such as a planter in the garden design planner tool on shoot, the ground cover appears over the top of it! How do I move the ground cover to the back of everything else?

• Views: 162
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 15:02

Griselinia

Question from Rachel

Does anyone know if Griselina can be planted as stand-alone plants? I want to plant a screen of shrubs for privacy against my neighbour's low fence.

• Views: 127
  • Posted: Sun. 3rd May 2020 14:51