OK
In progress indicator

Garden design

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 136

Plant location

General post from Vivienne

How do I delete a plant from a garden?

• Views: 53
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 11th October 2017 14:05
  • Last reply: Wed. 11th October 2017 17:17

design planner help

Question from John Collins

I'm finding it difficult to use the planner. I've printed out the planner help menu but at the moment haven't progressed beyond setting grid size

• Views: 49
  • Posted: Sun. 27th August 2017 08:10
  • Last reply: Sun. 27th August 2017 08:47

Drought tolerant species for Turkish garden

Comment from Simon

Hi all, I would love any suggestions from members on drought tolerant species that I could consider for my garden based in Turkey.

You can see my Turkish garden in progress here.

Thanks so much, Simon

• Views: 285
  • Replies: 18
  • Posted: Tue. 15th August 2017 12:27
  • Last reply: Sun. 20th August 2017 03:15

What can I put around my arbor/bench+pergola?

Tip from Tamara

Hi, I'm a new gardener and have decided to transform my front garden. It's south facing and I think it would be lovely to have a seating area to enjoy the weather. The space is small and I want to make the most of it. If I place a bench+pergola or arbor in my garden nook, what can I plant around it? Should I let the grass continue under the bench or can I continue my plant bed underneath it? At the moment the border is a sleeping vegetable bed. I welcome alternative ideas.

• Views: 217
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sun. 5th March 2017 10:32
  • Last reply: Fri. 22nd September 2017 11:28

More than one layout?

Question from Julie Macavoy

I've done a design of my garden using your software but I'm looking to redesign the garden and try out a few ideas. Is it possible to have more than one design?

• Views: 109
  • Posted: Fri. 3rd March 2017 20:54
  • Last reply: Sun. 5th March 2017 05:45

Compass / Aspect?

Question from Steve

Hi,
Just staring out with the tool, is there anyway to add orientation/show a compass?
thanks

• Views: 358
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Tue. 18th October 2016 18:50
  • Last reply: Fri. 21st October 2016 07:59

How create s shaped garden edge to hillside

Question from Lynda

I am making a garden on a hillside. I am creating a flat area at the bottom of the hillside but want to create a curved edge at the bottom of the slope. What is the best way of making a s shaped curve, I have tried using a hose pipe but the edge wasn't sharp enough, any ideas welcome?

• Views: 177
  • Posted: Mon. 17th October 2016 14:00
  • Last reply: Mon. 17th October 2016 15:04

New arrival

Comment from VR Home and Garden

Hi, I'm David and new to your community.
Looking forward to engaging with you on all matters garden and garden design related.

• Views: 196
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Wed. 12th October 2016 12:58
  • Last reply: Thu. 13th October 2016 11:03

Garden Design Planner - help needed

Comment from Kari

I am trying to set up a plan of my garden in the Garden Design Planner. But I can't find any instructions as to how to do this, other than descriptions of the various menu items, and I am not having any luck.

I have found where to enter the size of the garden, and I have set the grid size to 0.25 m but it is showing as 1.0 m / square. This is not very helpful if I want to create an accurate plan.

Now I am trying to draw a quarter-circle bed in the bottom left hand corner, and I can't figure out which drawing tool to use. I tried the curved tool and I can't get a proper corner, so I tried the line tool and the line didn't show up at all.

Are there any videos or tutorials on this tool?

Thank you

• Views: 223
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 6th August 2016 11:15
  • Last reply: Sat. 6th August 2016 14:59

Does anyone know anywhere to find good detailed planting plans for borders or gardens? Thanks.

Comment from pootros

Just looking for resources to seek inspiration from; I get a bit confused trying to balance height, flowering time as well as the other conditions for a planting plan. THanks so much.

• Views: 169
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Tue. 5th July 2016 10:04