OK
In progress indicator

Garden design

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 149

Ribes Nigrum - please may we have a "Blackcurrant Plant" in the Fruit objects.

Question from Mr Paul Davies

I have tried to add Ribes Nigrum Baldwin from "My Plants" to the garden. However, I need to associate it with a "Fruit object" to enable it to be placed in the garden design. There is already a "Gooseberry Plant" and a "Red Currant Plant" - neither of which will accept Ribes Nigrum Baldwin as an association. If there was a "Blackcurrant Plant" fruit object then this could function in a similar way that the "Gooseberry Plant" does - ie: I also have "Ribes Uva-crispa" in "My Plants" but it is not associated with "Gooseberry Plant".

• Views: 89
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Fri. 5th June 2020 14:08

Using the garden planner, how can I make my chosen ground cover 'go to the back'.

Question from Allison Mcintosh

Every time I try to put something on top of my ground cover such as a planter in the garden design planner tool on shoot, the ground cover appears over the top of it! How do I move the ground cover to the back of everything else?

• Views: 78
  • Posted: Tue. 26th May 2020 15:02

Griselinia

Question from Rachel

Does anyone know if Griselina can be planted as stand-alone plants? I want to plant a screen of shrubs for privacy against my neighbour's low fence.

• Views: 45
  • Posted: Sun. 3rd May 2020 14:51

Help! Advice on what to put in a newly designed garden

Question from Kristina Eriksson

Hello

We have recently terraced and designed our garden and it's time to start planting. I have two big flowerbeds, a couple of smaller squares (ca 70cm x 70cm), a narrow but deep trough at height... and various pots. The soil is heavy clay/alkaline and I've mixed in sand and top soil and dug the beds through (phew), but it's still quite heavy and lumpy... I've tried to choose plants that love that sort of thing... I've included two pics, one with annotations.

Some other considerations:
1. It's a south-facing garden but uphill on a north-facing slope, so while summers can be scorching because it's very sheltered, winters are dark and sun-less (and often wet..). You'll see the extreme terracing in the pics.

2. My main concern is picking a tree - i was thinking the evergreen magnolia but eucalyptus are also meant to be great for wet soils since they drink a lot, and they're very nice, too, and evergreen. And then the question is, where does it go? I was thinking the bottom flowerbed since it's the wettest and also has the most space (the squares on the left are only ca 70cm x 70cm) but I would love to hear views.

3. I'd like to have climbers on the sides since the walls on each side are tall and bare.

Thank you so much in advance.
Kristina

• Views: 71
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sun. 5th April 2020 12:35
  • Last reply: Sun. 5th April 2020 13:13

Flash support

Question from Kate KCGD

Hi, Adobe have announced that they're not supporting Flash anymore, so I've downloaded the beta version of the planner. Since Flash is soon to be no more (!) will the beta be pulled through and have full functionality soon?

• Views: 129
  • Posted: Mon. 10th February 2020 10:38
  • Last reply: Mon. 10th February 2020 13:16

Why can't I associate more than one designer shape with the same plant from my wanted list?

Question from Allison Mcintosh

Trying to associate multiple designer shapes with the same plant (digitalis in this case) and can only associate it once!!! Looked in my wanted list and its obviously there and I can't see an option to add multiples... Anyone had this issue and can help?

• Views: 84
  • Posted: Sun. 12th January 2020 12:11
  • Last reply: Sun. 12th January 2020 18:32

putting in hedge boundaries in Garden planner.

Comment from Paul Willis

I'm very new to Shoot and need help with using the planning tool. My garden is surrounded on all 4 sides by hedges predominantly Hawthorn, with Ivy and some Holly. How do I create hedge boundaries in the garden planner?
I suspect I will have to just put in repeated row of hawthorn plants from tree/bush menu.
thanks. Paul

• Views: 117
  • Posted: Wed. 1st January 2020 17:22
  • Last reply: Tue. 7th January 2020 09:33

Good combination to go with tulips

Question from Kayla Telford

Hi there, I have a few gardens which I have planted tulips and other spring bulbs in mass to give a brilliant display of colour in the spring. I quite like tulips as they have very neat and tidy foliage. What is a another tidy plant to go with these that will look neat for the rest of the year?

• Views: 316
  • Posted: Mon. 1st April 2019 09:44

Lyme grass to plant or not to plant?

General post from Sheryll jerred

Hi,
I’ve bought a dozen Lyme Grass, Leymus Arearius, I have since read varying articles on its spreading nature , we have poor chalky soil , south facing, it gets very hot, so I was looking to plant this with tall perennials for a prairie look garden. We have just built a contemporary barn style home. I was thinking this would be easy low maintenance, just mow once a year and enjoy for the rest! Is it likely to become a nuisance?
Thank you in advance

• Views: 137
  • Posted: Sun. 17th March 2019 21:24

What tree/bush to choose

Tip from Tamara

Hi, I have a very small garden (4x5 meters) and want a tree or a bush in one corner. I was thinking a white multi stem tree like Jacquemontii but it is to high. I don't want anything taller than 2.5 meters. The space is partly shaded, and new top soil will be put down. Alternatively I'm looking into a shrub like Syringa Meyeri 'Palibin' (a dwarf lilac) but have my heart set on a tree. Is there a good middle-ground or another plant that I haven't encountered yet that I should considered? Any advise is much appreciated.

• Views: 127
  • Posted: Wed. 6th February 2019 15:10