OK
In progress indicator

Trade plants & Swap plants

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Too many plants? In need of plants? Find someone to swap with here. We'll help you make contact without publishing your personal details here :-)

Total number of topics in this forum: 18

amaryllidaceae

Question from Ton Wijnen

I am a botanist and private collector in Holland. I am collecting Amaryllidaceae. I am searching Hippeastrum species,Hymenocallis species and Griffinia species. Also other Amaryllidaceae such as Brunsvigia ,Ammocharis,Boophane,Placea, Crinum, Rhodophiala species are very welcome. I am searching bulbs of seeds of these plants.

Also I am searching some seeds or seedlings from Cryptostephanus species.

Can and will you help me please?

Or do you know other people in you area who can help me? Maybe botanists or private collectors?

Thank you very much and I hope to hear soon from you again.

Ton Wijnen
Holland"

• Views: 1210
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Tue. 29th September 2009 18:37
  • Last reply: Sat. 12th June 2010 07:37

Please help!

Question from Christine Hooton

I am disabled and can only do so much. This garden had been neglected for over 12 months before we moved in. I had weeded it all last year and plated many different plants that I was told would come back year after year. One marigold is trying to survive, but the borders again are over run with all kinds of weeds. I an not too sure which are weeds in some cases. As I am new to gardening I would appreciate any help and advice from you. Thank you so much. Christine.

• Views: 1140
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 7th August 2009 15:06
  • Last reply: Thu. 16th June 2011 20:54

Chives

Comment from Louise Meaden

Yes, I've got some chives, Lychnis and forget-me-not seedlings, Creeping Jenny as well if anyone's interested.

Happy for Nicola to link me up with anyone "off shoot"!

• Views: 940
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Mon. 3rd August 2009 19:17

Bottlebrush plants for swap

Comment from Caroline in West Sussex

In January 2008 I grew many Bottlebrush plants from seed. I now have plenty for swapping.
In return, I am looking for rooted cuttings of hardy shrubs, especially variegated or unusual varieties.

• Views: 967
  • Posted: Mon. 3rd August 2009 12:10
  • Last reply: Mon. 3rd August 2009 13:44

Plants to swap

Comment from Amanda

Off the top of my head I have orange daylillies and rose campion to swap. I also have evening primrose, some gorgeous variegated ivy and quite a few damson tree seedlings. I am sure I will find others if I look.

• Views: 950
  • Posted: Sat. 1st August 2009 22:23
  • Last reply: Tue. 4th August 2009 11:05

trading

Question from Ton Wijnen

Very good idea, so we can help each other with our hobby. Collecting some interesting plants.
I have a nice collection of Amaryllidaceae, incl a great collection Clivia's.
Have some one interest, please let me know.
I am still searching other Amaryllidaceae for my collection.
kind regards
Ton Wijnen
Holland

• Views: 962
  • Posted: Sat. 1st August 2009 14:25
  • Last reply: Mon. 3rd August 2009 13:46

Plant swap

Comment from Louise Meaden

Hi Nicola

I think this is a great idea and would be happy to take part if I've got something someone wants to swap.

Louise

• Views: 941
  • Posted: Sat. 1st August 2009 07:30
  • Last reply: Mon. 3rd August 2009 19:15

Too many plants? Need a plant?

Comment from Nicola

Over the coming months, many of you may be dividing your plants only to discover you have more than you need! Or you have a bare garden and need some extra plants to fill some gaps. Post a comment here, and we will help put you together. Happy gardening :-) Nicola

• Views: 1380
  • Replies: 6
  • Posted: Fri. 31st July 2009 20:32
  • Last reply: Mon. 3rd August 2009 17:33