OK
In progress indicator

Garden design

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 127

Can you change the view of the planner to look at height of plants?

Question from Dominic Buxton

Just wondering if you can change from a plan view to a horizontal view so you can look at the heights of plants to see if they work together.

• Views: 147
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Thu. 7th May 2015 11:16
  • Last reply: Thu. 7th May 2015 18:33

The garden design planner does not work

Question from Helena Morland

The Garden design planner do not work!
Does anyone have the same problem as I do? I am so frustrated about this, when I should start up the design planner program it just shows a blank page, and when I click on my garden design it comes up a alert that I am leaving the page.
Confused and disappointed!

• Views: 251
  • Replies: 6
  • Posted: Tue. 28th April 2015 12:50
  • Last reply: Fri. 1st May 2015 11:05

Wanting to plant a Lavender Hedge

Question from Linda

Hi - I’m fairly new to gardening and now a little bit obsessed (workload permitting).
We have a large garden and inherited a poorly designed landscaped garden area which we are gradually making our own. Many of the flower beds are edged with box which is a great place for the slugs to hide in and not our favourite plant, although it does serve a purpose of helping to keeping the dogs of the borders.
My question is, I want to plant a Lavender Hedge and around one of the bigger beds, I’ve already dug up the Box. I know it’s not the perfect site so wondering if it’s a complete waste of time and money? If so, any suggestions as to what we could plant.

The area is the only place where we get shade, but the edges do get some sun. The soil is neutral to slightly acidic. I plan to add lime to the soil if I plant the Lavenders. In my head this would look wonderful and a great source of food for the bees.
Thanks

• Views: 236
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Fri. 13th March 2015 12:36
  • Last reply: Sat. 14th March 2015 17:34

Still cannot open garden design

Question from Wendy

I have watched the you tube garden design instruction. I have completed my profile and plant list. When going to create my garden I only get "My Garden Planner>Plan for Rear garden / old orchard" twice and a blank page. Is this garden design tool suitable for Ipad ? If so what can I Do ? I feel it is wrong to offer these tools having paid and no instruction !

• Views: 171
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Wed. 11th March 2015 22:12
  • Last reply: Fri. 13th March 2015 14:13

Instructions

Question from Wendy

Hello I have recently subscribed to shoot. Are there instructions that I have not found. . Everything is trial & error. When I go to garden design I am asked to choose one of two gardens ( I only wanted one ) I choose & get a virtually blank page & no instruction. Please help ?

• Views: 206
  • Posted: Tue. 3rd March 2015 11:26
  • Last reply: Tue. 3rd March 2015 16:09

Hakonechloa macra Albo Striata matching with a fern

Question from Adeleine O'Dell

I am plantingHakonechloa macra Albo Striata and was wondering what fern to put with this. The Hakonechloa will be above the fern on a gently slope. I was thinking of putting Dryopteris Wallchiana?

• Views: 226
  • Posted: Tue. 10th February 2015 11:34
  • Last reply: Tue. 10th February 2015 19:46

Problems uploading photo

Photo from Sean Holmes

Hi, I have tries to upload a photo but found all three I have tried will not upload - is there a problem with the software that is preventing this? Does it need to be a certain size?

• Views: 154
  • Posted: Fri. 6th February 2015 10:42
  • Last reply: Fri. 6th February 2015 21:27

"SAVE AS" option in My Garden Planner.

Question from John Crook

Could anyone advise where I should find the "SAVE AS" option in My Garden Planner, please? I have made one garden plan and wish to save this under a new name, so I can create an alternative plan. According to the Help file, “If you want to save a copy of your plan or save it under a new name use the Save As... option from the File menu.” However the "SAVE AS" option is not in the dropdown File menu.

Thank you.

• Views: 173
  • Replies: 6
  • Posted: Thu. 5th February 2015 11:03
  • Last reply: Thu. 5th February 2015 15:16

Multiple garden plans

Question from Christopher Fennell

Hi,
Is it possible to have more than 1 garden design per subscription?

Best regards,

Chris

• Views: 223
  • Posted: Thu. 5th February 2015 08:54
  • Last reply: Thu. 5th February 2015 11:27

inaccessible garden!

General post from Sue Osmaston

At the end of last September, I downsized from a ½ acre steeply sloping garden to a small ‘cottage’ garden, which I hoped would be easier to manage.
There is no lawn to mow, but I have open fields on each side of the property with sheep doing all the mowing for me!
The problem is that the only bit of cultivated garden lies in two tiers above a dry stone wall – see pictures. There are some rather steep steps up to the garden, but I am actually quite fearful of falling over the edge of the wall on to the tarmac drive below – so I haven’t begun to tackle it as yet.
I would be glad of any suggestions as to how to make this garden easier to access and to maintain? It is south facing, but open to the prevailing westerly wind. I don’t know about the Ph factor as yet, but this is the Lake District, so I imagine it will be inclining towards acid, rather than alkaline.

• Views: 359
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sun. 1st February 2015 16:18
  • Last reply: Tue. 3rd February 2015 12:30