OK
In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

Total number of topics in this forum: 89

Hi, I just joined

General post from Pamela

Hoping to enjoy using this site a lot, only just found it but so far I like it, not sure yet if I will upgrade, need to see how useful/enjoyable I find it, first. Need I say that I LOVE growing things! :) I was just given a hebe (sweet dreams) as a gift and looked it up, and that's how I came across this place. My Abraham Derby rose just got every single leaf eaten by caterpillars :( so I hope to be able to help him recover, poor guy.

• Views: 68
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Mon. 17th July 2017 08:22
  • Last reply: Mon. 17th July 2017 10:00

Hello From Julie

General post from Julie Macavoy

I used this website a while ago just to try and identify a plant/weed. Spring is in the air and I've just subscribed as I'd like to really get to work on my garden this year. I've been here about a year and a half and I'm looking to identify what plants I've got and get some ideas to redesign the garden (I'm hating the long straight path down the middle and the mismatched paving). Despite having a garden for 30 years, I still consider myself a novice and this garden is the biggest and most mature garden I've had so it's quite a challenge to know where to start.

• Views: 160
  • Posted: Fri. 3rd March 2017 20:52
  • Last reply: Sun. 5th March 2017 05:36

Hello from John Bates

General post from John Bates

Hello
I just joined shoot as a professional member.

I'm a professional gardener based in Crowthorne, Berkshire.

I'm looking to use Shoot in several ways for my business. So look forward to learning how I can make use of this fab gardening tool and look forward to hearing about future developments from the wonderful Shoot Team.

Hope to catch up on the forum, whenever I have a spare moment too.

Regards

John

• Views: 119
  • Posted: Sun. 5th February 2017 14:03
  • Last reply: Wed. 8th February 2017 11:06

Renewal of membership

Question from Freya Pietzsch

Hi. My account lapsed quite some time ago. I am considering renewing but I can see from first glance that much of the dstanand the gardens I had already uploaded are not visible anymore. Are these lost for good? I don't want to renew unless it is all there as I can't be bothered to redo what I have already done before. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks freya

• Views: 495
  • Posted: Sat. 7th November 2015 12:52
  • Last reply: Sun. 8th November 2015 08:39

Old garden with new owner :)

General post from Carol parry

I have just moved house ( mid wales) and have inherited a rather fantastic garden from previous owner, lots of lovely mature planting but overgrown, including a concrete pond, and loads of fruit trees in a vegetable garden.I am lucky enough to have two garden here, I think I will have tons of questions.....Looking forward to learning lots from you all! Here are a couple of pictures.the pond, the 'front garden, and one of the beautiful overgrown flower & fruit garden..where to start , what to keep.....

• Views: 2069
  • Posted: Thu. 4th June 2015 08:01
  • Last reply: Thu. 4th June 2015 08:30

Hebe Burning Heart

Question from Marc Walters

I have just bought a hebe burning heart (light pink flowers) - but can not find it on the Shoots database to add it to my garden.

Does anyone know another name for this that the Shoots website might recognise

• Views: 844
  • Posted: Fri. 1st May 2015 05:12
  • Last reply: Fri. 1st May 2015 09:06

Hello from Hampshire

Comment from Roger Leppard

Just a hello.....

I am a professional gardener working predominately in the Southampton area.

I have the pleasure to look after quite a few gardens in and around the city.

If anyone has any gardening problems in the area (South Hampshire) please let me know.

Roger

• Views: 335
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sun. 25th January 2015 15:27

"Shoot" gardening neighbours?

Question from meadowland

Being a fairly new member to "Shoot" and a very keen gardener,I was wondering whether any other members live in Wales or South Gloucestershire?

• Views: 522
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 24th January 2015 10:37
  • Last reply: Wed. 28th January 2015 13:40

sweet peas

Question from JOHN DRAPER

I have 8 plants in a large tub growing on a wigwam of canes. They are in a general compost and have been well watered. They are flowering ok, but the flower stems are short only reaching about 10cm. Can anyone advise please.

• Views: 421
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Sat. 5th July 2014 12:52

Container Fruit trees

Comment from libby

I have five container fruit trees, eating apple and cooker, plum, pear and cherry. Last year the wind blew all the blossom off so no fruit on the plum or pear, the cherry had two tiny fruits which fell off before maturing and the eating apple also had two fruits, the cooker had quite a few. This year they all have something wrong with them! The leaves are curling and brown at the edges, there seems to be no fruit on the cooker, although I did spot a very small shrivelled one, the cherry has had several which keep falling off before maturity and the eater has quite a few but bad leaf curl. Should I cut off all the bad leaves? Will the eaters be all right? I have only fed them once this season with a liquid fruit feed. I can not use the bone and meal again as my dog dug into all the pots and ate it, including the gravel topping, not good! Hope someone can advise.

• Views: 314
  • Posted: Wed. 11th June 2014 15:57
  • Last reply: Wed. 11th June 2014 17:03