In progress indicator

Narcissus Jet Fire

In progress indicator
Full size image

General post from Georgie

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I'm rather fond of this dwarf Narcissus so I thought I share a photo of the first blooms which have opened in the last couple of days.

Georgie

Narcissus Jet Fire

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 1305
  • Replies: 24
  • Posted: Sat. 7th March 2009 19:40

Great pic

Reply from Laura Thomas

Hi Georgie

love it when you post pics of your plants.

Do you have a particularly good camera as the quality of your images is always excellent?

Laura

• Posted: Sat. 7th March 2009 22:28

My camera

Reply from Georgie

Thanks Laura. I have just updated my camera to an Olympus Mju 840. It's just a point and shoot model but I'm rather pleased with it. It has one of those handy 'anti-shake' features which is great for snapping flowers in the breeze and two 'macro' settings. I have a tripod but I haven't bothered to use it since I got this camera.

Georgie

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 10:36

Narcissus

Reply from Lorna Hazeltine

Great photo Georgie.

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 10:11

Narcissus

Reply from Georgie

Thanks Lorna. I just love daffs don't you?

Georgie

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 10:37

Narcissus

Yes Georgie I do. In fact have just got back from shop, have bought some Daffs and Carnations as I am about to go to the Cemetery with Lorna and Joshua (for those who don't know my youngest daughter is also named Lorna she lives next door with grandson Joshua, the light of my life)). I did mention to you Georgie I really must get more bulbs next year, so much nicer to be able to pick them from the garden.
Lorna

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 12:35

Narcissus

Reply from Georgie

Oh Lorna I never pick my flowers (apart from Sweet Peas to keep them coming) because they last so much longer in the garden. If I had the luxury of an allotment/huge garden it would be a different matter I guess.

Georgie

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 15:03

Daffs

I am fortunate that I have some borders round the large grass area at side of bungalow where I will be able to plant bulbs. We went to Cemetery sun was shining and just as we got to the grave the sky clouded over and down came heavy rain. Lorna and me came home with wet bums where we had been leaning over to tend the grave.
Lorna

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 16:46

Daffs

Reply from Georgie

"Lorna and me came home with wet bums where we had been leaning over to tend the grave."

LOL! I bet Charlie would have had a good chuckle. I got interupted by very heavy rain earlier but the sun is out again now. Very April-like isn't it?

Georgie

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 17:43

Daffs

Annoying thing was that 10mins after getting home we had a blue sky and lovely sunshine, although it has been raining again since. Georgie, Charlie would probably say " bleep, bleep are you all mad!!

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 18:37

Narcissus

Reply from Joanne 9919

Lovely photo Georgie.

I'm the same as you, I never pick flowers from the garden, apart from Sweet Peas.

I'm already planning a cut-flower bed though for when I get my allotment. I'm going to plant loads of Daffs and Tulips, as I think they look lovely indoors in spring, they really cheer you up.

Jo.

• Posted: Sun. 8th March 2009 22:25

Fresh flowers in the house

Reply from Georgie

Yes, I always try and have a vase of fresh flowers on the table, particularly in spring. But unless you pay a fortune at the florist, why is the choice so poor? I cannot abide those awful mixed bunches sold at supermarkets and why is it that the only daffs you can get are all stems and no leaves these days?

Georgie

• Posted: Mon. 9th March 2009 10:10

Reply from Joanne 9919

It's probably because their never sourced from local growers.

Everything is mass produced and imported these days. And don't get me started on EU regulations. There's probably some law that says Daffodils have to have their leaves removed before they can be sold.

Jo.

• Posted: Tue. 10th March 2009 10:07

Reply from Georgie

"There's probably some law that says Daffodils have to have their leaves removed before they can be sold."

LOL! Just trying to think why daffodil leaves would be considered dangerous. :D

G x

• Posted: Tue. 10th March 2009 21:19

Jet Fire

Reply from Lynn Franklin

I love the jetfire Narcissus and no matter what is thrown at it, it still looks good. This year I'm trying a new one called Cornish Chuckles, similar to Tete a Tete, this isn't a very good photo as it's had a bit of a battering with the storm we had
{sorry can't get the photo on}

• Posted: Wed. 11th March 2009 05:25

Adding a photo

Reply from Nicola

Hi Lynn, Sorry you cannot add your image! We would love to see it. And it should be easy to do. Tick the box 'Check the box to upload a new picture' just above the message box, find your image file and then click 'submit'. Does that not work? I may be that the file is too big, but it should re-size it for you. Let me know how you get on. Thanks Nicola

• Posted: Sat. 28th March 2009 09:20

photo

Reply from Lynn Franklin

well I'm trying again, I do it from photobucket usually, so here goes
Cornish Chuckles

photo

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Sat. 28th March 2009 14:30

Great!

Reply from Nicola

Looks beautiful! Hope you found it easy enough to do! Nicola

• Posted: Sat. 28th March 2009 15:58

photo

Reply from Lynn Franklin

yes thanks Nicola, just me being dense :(

• Posted: Sat. 28th March 2009 18:43

More Narcissi

Reply from Georgie

Very pretty, Lynn.

Here's a picture of a Narcissus I'm growing for the first time this year. It's called Chinita.

Georgie

More Narcissi

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Sun. 29th March 2009 14:22

narcissus

Reply from Lynn Franklin

that's a nice one, is it very tall?
this is another new one Niveth, slightly more delicate and shorter than Thalia

narcissus

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Mon. 30th March 2009 08:01

Narcissus

Reply from Georgie

Chinita is about 40cm tall but it seems happy in a container.

I love that Niveth. I might try some white Narcissus next year in the shadier side of the garden. They would look very dramatic in front of the Sambucus nigra as it comes into leaf don't you think?

Georgie

• Posted: Mon. 30th March 2009 20:11

niveth

Reply from Lynn Franklin

I think they would look perfect, I'm very happy with the way they are flowering, I have had Thalia in the past, but I think these are definately better. Chinita is a very nice one which I would look out for, at the moment being such a new garden I don't have protection from strong winds, so I think they might get battered, that's why I've gone for the shorter ones this year. Hopefully once my shrubs start to protect the garden I can then think of the taller varieties

• Posted: Thu. 2nd April 2009 06:02

Another dwarf Narcissus

Reply from Georgie

That makes sense, Lynn. :D

Here's another of my favourites, Bellsong, just opened today. This one is about 30 cm tall.

Georgie

Another dwarf Narcissus

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Fri. 3rd April 2009 17:56

Bellsong

Reply from Lynn Franklin

that's a nice one Georgie, I'll keep that in mind for next year

• Posted: Fri. 3rd April 2009 19:15