In progress indicator

Garden planner help

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Angie Robertson

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

When selecting plants from the 'drop down' menu to drag onto my plan - if I accidently allocate the wrong plant it gets saved into the 'my plant' column and I can neither delete it from this list nor it is then not available in the drop down menu when I try to re do.
e.g. if I select and drag a purple leaved shrub over onto my planner and click on 'Phlox' instead of 'Phontia' is automatically is saved in 'My Plant' selection column. As the Phlox would no loger be available to select in the drop down mean.
Has anyone else found this problem and a solution please.
Cheers
Angie

• Views: 998
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Fri. 10th February 2012 16:36

Re: Garden planner help

Reply from Steve Bustin

Hi Angie - is the plant you want to associate to instead still in your list. If you re-associate it to the correct one the other one should then be made available again.

• Posted: Sat. 11th February 2012 11:59

Reply from Nicola

Yes just click the plant you associated to in error and click 'change association' select the correct plant and the original one will be available again to select from. Cheers Nicola

• Posted: Sat. 11th February 2012 12:03

Reply from Angie Robertson

Steve and Nicola
Thanks for your help. I can now see how to return the plant to the 'associated' list now but the other bit is still confussing me...
Where I can select 'garden objects' there is a drop down list labeled 'my plants'...which shows the 'image' I select and drag over to my planner. I then 'associate' with a specific plant. Whether or not I do this in error or no longer have the plant or remove it from one of my gardens I can't delete it from this list.
I'm not sure I am making it very clear what I am trying to do - so please be patient with me :))
Angie

• Posted: Sat. 11th February 2012 17:18

Re: Re: Garden planner help

Reply from Nicola

Good morning Angie, Yes I can see what you mean now. It is a little odd that the shape remains. I can look into have that removed from 'My Plants' if you no longer have an association to the shape.

Having said that there wasn't anything I couldn't do even though it was there. I could change the association to another plant which then also appears in the list. And the old plant was made available to use again. Is there anything you are prevented from doing? Is it just confusing to see the old shape in your 'My Plants'?

By the way did you notice you now have 'Plants I have' and 'Plants I want' available in the lists? I hope that is helpful!

Cheers
Nicola

• Posted: Sun. 12th February 2012 06:59

Re: Re: Re: Garden planner help

Reply from Angie Robertson

Hi Nicola
It doesn't bother me being there - it was just something I noticed that happened and wondered if it was just me!
I have worked around this since noticing it happens. I have a quite few of these mistakes :)
I do intend to re do all my plans anyway - things in the garden have changed since I first started. Thanks for your help.
I did notice the addition of have/want labels. Thanks for that addition.
I am wondering if I would be able to suggest another option of the have/want labels.
Quite often depending on what task I am doing or am looking up plants - it is easier to stay in the alphabetical lists rather than jump back and forward to each individual plant list for my gardens.
I feel it would be handy if I was on the page for a specific genus - e.g. Aster....if I click on the link I am then presented with all the different names. It would be handy if from that list we could identify which plant in the genus we have or want.
Thanks again.
Angie

• Posted: Tue. 14th February 2012 18:11