In progress indicator

Chinese Tree Peony

In progress indicator
Full size image

General post from William Stewart

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Can anyone please tell me if I can divide this plant, take cuttings or take seed for further planting.
Many Thanks.

William.

• Views: 769
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Tue. 6th March 2012 17:34

Re: Chinese Tree Peony

Reply from Kathy C

HI, William,
It doesn't look like the straight species P. suffruticosa is here on Shoot, but if you check out the pages for its cultivars ('Cardinal Vaughan', for example), you will get the info you need. If you add it to your 'Plants I Have' list, you will get detailed instructions on how & when to take the proper cuttings. If you do have the straight species you can sow seed outdoors in containers in autumn/winter but they might take 2-3 years to germinate.
All the best,
Kathy C

• Posted: Tue. 6th March 2012 19:05

Re: Chinese Tree Peony

Reply from William Stewart

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for that info, I dont think it's a P. suffruticosa, the label gives me very little info, but it puts its name down as " Peonia Lu He Hong ", I guess I'll try cuttings a bit later in the summer...germination for seeds seems a bit too long for me at this stage.

Many Thanks

William.

• Posted: Wed. 7th March 2012 08:29

Re: Re: Chinese Tree Peony

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, William,
Yes, yours is a P. suffructicosa. The full, correct botanical name (labels can sometimes be deceiving or missing info) is Paeonia suffruticosa 'Lu He Hong'. Yours isn't here on Shoot right now but if you look at any of the other tree peonies pages on the site, you'll get the info you need.
Kathy

• Posted: Wed. 7th March 2012 18:57