In progress indicator

leaf problem

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Judy Tayler

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have just bought one of these plants and have put in container. Some of leaves have tiny black broken lines along the veins and the new leaves are starting to curl. Do you know what this is and what I may be doing wrong?

• Views: 1287
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sun. 20th May 2012 14:01

Re: leaf problem

Reply from Carol

My Orange Dream is very sensitive to windburn and scorch - if it is out in the sun on a windy day the leaves dry up along the edges - especially early in the season as now. If it is out in the wind, try to pull it back near a wall, or put something else in its way as a windbreak. If it's in the baking sun at noon, move it so it only gets early and late sun.

• Posted: Sun. 20th May 2012 17:43

Re: Re: leaf problem

Reply from Maha

I experienced the same problem,unfortunately all its leaves are very dry at the edges and with dark spots. Our area is very windy in the summer. Do the leaves recuperate? does it shed these leaves and grow new ones? I will try to put a windshield as advised

• Posted: Sun. 21st September 2014 19:38

Re: leaf problem

Reply from Terri Griffin

acers leaves are delicate, you must keep it well watered if its in a container and I have mine in part shade in a sheltered spot. I bought a huge acer from an auction last year in a 20 litre terracota pot, it looked awful lost a lot of leaves and the remaining ones were dry and curled up........I top dressed the container kept it well watered and gave it a liquid feed. This year the leaves have come out and it looks fab !!

• Posted: Sat. 25th April 2015 06:21