In progress indicator

Vibrnum Dawn showing die back

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Anne Breadmore

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Last year this container grown Viburnum was planted in July and romped away putting 1 metre of growth on in the first year. In early spring this year it looked fine but now (late May) the longer stems have started to wilt and die back, although there are some fresh shoots coming from near the base. It is well watered although I haven't fed it this year yet. Any ideas?

• Views: 912
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 27th May 2012 09:05

Re: Vibrnum Dawn showing die back

Reply from Margaret Hogg

I have exactly the same problem happening now for the second year running but no-one can explain why. (Same thing has happened now with 2new plants.)

• Posted: Wed. 18th June 2014 07:32

Re: Vibrnum Dawn showing die back

Reply from Keren Curry

We have tried three times to grow this beautiful shrub, starting off with a very healthy mature specimen each time.
Can now say with certainty that its wind damage that has killed this plant off in our garden.
Every time its windy the leaves very quickly wilt and then the plant dies.
If you have new shoots growing from the bottom I would suggest you move your Viburnum to a very sheltered spot & cut back to the healthy shoots to give it a fighting chance.
I have never seen any warnings on the plant about this, they usually say 'very easy to grow' but that hasnt been my experience.
Good luck, its a beautiful shrub.

• Posted: Sat. 9th April 2016 08:21