OK
In progress indicator

What is going on with this rose please?!!

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Julia Warnes

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi - I ordered 3 Rose Black Baccara for my garden as my colour scheme is white and black/purples. They have just bloomed for the first time and two are cerise pink and the other is crimson red!!! I know I need to go back to the supplier and complain but before I do I need a bit of advice. On two of the roses, the stems are two completely different colours and leaves. One is green with green leaves and the other stem on the same bush is burgundy/ maroon with maroon leaves. I have tried to show this in a couple of pictures. I'm sure this is a common occurrence but I don't know what it means. I am really annoyed with the supplier as these are not what I wanted at all and look bad in my scheme.
Any advice very much appreciated, thank you.

What is going on with this rose please?!! (31/05/2012)What is going on with this rose please?!! (31/05/2012)What is going on with this rose please?!! (31/05/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 504
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Thu. 31st May 2012 09:44

Re: What is going on with this rose please?!!

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

That looks like a nice strong shoot of new growth. This is a common occurrence on roses, all new growth of stems comes out that colour.

• Posted: Thu. 31st May 2012 12:45

Reply from Carol

Cerise pink isn't right - but crimson red (dark crimson red) is about the description I would make of my Black Baccara. These things are never as black as they look in the pictures in the catalogue. Last year's flowers were beautiful - perfect rose form and very dark, but not black.

• Posted: Thu. 31st May 2012 13:27

Reply from Julia Warnes

Thank you for confirming that the growth is normal. If they were a different colour I think I'd be really happy with them!
The red one is definitely not even dark crimson but a bright scarlet!! The supplier refunded the money but offered no explanation as to what had happened. I may give them to my neighbour, when would be the best time to move them?
Thanks so much for helping
Julia

• Posted: Thu. 31st May 2012 14:37

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

You don't want to move them now, to be on the safe side, Feb. is the best time, that takes into account that you might have a hard winter.

• Posted: Thu. 31st May 2012 15:16