In progress indicator

poor growth

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from pippa taylor

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I planted two Climbing Compassion, either side of an arch, in spring of this year and they are barely growing - they are look almost as they did when planted. In fact leaves are yellowing slightly and there is some die-back, there is just one new bud. The garden centre has said I can dig them up and return them, but I am loathe to start again - they are in sun, facing south, well composted, and I thought they would have been established by now? Am I being too impatient or did I buy 2 dud plants or am I doing something wrong?

• Views: 539
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sun. 17th June 2012 14:17

Re: poor growth

Reply from Patricia Jones

Have you given them some Rose fertiliser? They need potash to flower. I found that climbers take a while to get established and put their roots down.I would give them some sea- weed in a spray weekly for a few weeks it can work wonders on miserable roses and other poor doers as well.You might want to put some fine bark mulch around the base to conserve moisture as they are in full sun. Are they growing in ground that has had roses in before? This apparently can cause problems and the soil need to be replaced for the new roses, to avoid rose sickness.

• Posted: Sun. 17th June 2012 15:18