In progress indicator

lady in red is struggling!

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from anthony jewitt

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

hi everyone new gardener here so sorry if this question is stupid!!! i planted out 4 lady in reds back in june and they're all strugggline. there's been practically no growth and the leaves are all looking crispy and dead.

i live in london and my soil is pretty loamy. everything else i've planted is doing really well and this is the only struggler. its planted in a raised bed and the soil isn't really that boggy.

my only guess is that it could be chlorosis as there is no sign of disease or pests and this seems to be the only thing that lady in red can suffer from.

if anyone has any advise i'd really appreciate it - do i cut them back and treat the soild around them??? try to make it more acidic perhaps - if so not sure how???

thanks!!!

• Views: 1052
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 16th September 2012 11:22

Re: lady in red is struggling!

Reply from Carol

Can you post a picture? Too dry seems more likely than too wet from your description - in a loamy raised bed.

• Posted: Sun. 16th September 2012 15:02

Re: lady in red is struggling!

Reply from Angie Robertson

A picture as Carol says would be good. Although I would agree that lack of water would be a more likely cause. I have Lady in Red and it has thoroughly enjoyed the wet weather up here in Scotland.

• Posted: Wed. 19th September 2012 20:04