In progress indicator

Plants to hide dustbins

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from ALAN PRITCHARD

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hello, I have a patch of my garden which requires some form of planting to hide my dustbins. The bins are partially hidden by a trellis, but I would like something to enhance the trellis and garden as a whole. Preferably perennial or evergreen and something that would grow around 2m in height would be ideal, but not too bushy(less than 1m spread) as space is at a premium. I have cosmos there at the moment, but as they are only annuals I would require something more permanent.Any ideas or advice would be most welcome. Thank you.

• Views: 1795
  • Replies: 6
  • Posted: Sat. 17th November 2012 18:44

Re: Plants to hide dustbins

Reply from Maz

Jasminum nudiflorum (winter jasmine) suitabls for all aspects apart from dense shade, train to grow up your trellis, has yellow flowers in winter and is evergreen, prune straight after flowering to keep in check.
OR
Hardy perennial climbing Honeysuckle Lonicera 'Mint Crisp' with wonderful evergreen cream and green speckled variegated foliage and fragrant flowers, grows in sun or pt shade, no pruning needed unless a tidy up is required in March. Foliage changes colour in colder temps. Hope these help :)

Re: Plants to hide dustbins (18/11/2012)Re: Plants to hide dustbins (18/11/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Sun. 18th November 2012 09:12

Re: Re: Plants to hide dustbins

Reply from ALAN PRITCHARD

Thank you for your input, I appreciate your time and effort. I'll have a look at your suggestions and decide which would be most suitable.
Regards Alan.

• Posted: Sun. 18th November 2012 19:17

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

How about illex 'sky pencil, or euonymous Japonica silver king or is it queen, both narrow, evergreen. They will tolerate either perennial or annuals rubbing shoulders with them.

• Posted: Sun. 18th November 2012 14:56

Thank you Elaine, I appreciate you responding so quickly. I will have a look at your suggestions and hopefully come up with a choice.

Regards Alan.

• Posted: Sun. 18th November 2012 19:19

Reply from Gladys Delgado-Hunt

I second the suggestion for winter jasmine for all the reasons already mentioned - it just fills you with joy!

• Posted: Wed. 21st November 2012 23:34

Thank you Gladys, for seconding the Jasmine suggestion. It is rather nice and in my favourite colour too.

• Posted: Thu. 22nd November 2012 19:38