In progress indicator

New to all this, please help..

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Nick

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Recently recieved this plant. I think it's doing well, it's growing and is flowering. If anyone knows what it is called or has any advice on how to care for it I'd really appreciate it as I'm lost and don't want to kill it. All I was told is it's a succulent? I'm not even sure that's accurate though... OH and would it be okay if put outside? thanks..!

New to all this, please help.. (21/11/2012)New to all this, please help.. (21/11/2012)New to all this, please help.. (21/11/2012)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 470
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Wed. 21st November 2012 08:51

Re: New to all this, please help..

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Is it an aloe vera? if it is then you have to keep it on the dry side, treat it like a succulent, the gel is used for burns.

• Posted: Wed. 21st November 2012 14:59

Re: Re: New to all this, please help..

Reply from Nick

Awesome, thanks heaps!

• Posted: Wed. 21st November 2012 23:47

Re: New to all this, please help..

Reply from Veronique

It looks like an aloe vera plant. Very hard to kill any succulent really. They survive deserts after all. It is easy to take a piece and transplant it into a pot (or two or more) and keep some in a greenhouse, some in the bathroom etc and monitor them all to see their reactions to different environments.

Good luck. Check the web out for tips.

• Posted: Wed. 21st November 2012 15:36

Re: Re: New to all this, please help..

Reply from Nick

Wow, thank you so much. I feel better now :)

• Posted: Wed. 21st November 2012 23:49

Re: Re: Re: New to all this, please help..

Reply from Kathy C

HI, Nick,
I don't think it is Aloe - key indicator is the horizontal banding on the leaves. More likely, it is a cultivar of Haworthia fasciata - which has similar care instructions to Aloe. LOTS of sun, on the dry side, outdoors in summer is fine.
All the best,
Kathy C

• Posted: Sun. 25th November 2012 17:30