In progress indicator

what is this called?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Sophia Malik


House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi Everyone,
Please can someone help with this? I was given it by a friend, love it but have no idea how to care for it. Anyone know what it is?
Many Thanks

what is this called? (10/03/2013)

Click image to enlarge

  • Views: 1327
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 10th March 2013 14:05

Re: what is this called?

Reply from Valerie Munro

The common name for this plant is Burrow's tail or donkey-tail, but it's proper name is Sedum morganianum.

As it is a trailing plant it will grow well in a hanging basket. However, it is only frost tender so will need to be brought inside during the harsh winter weather - actually I would consider this to be more of a house plant.

In summer it should produce clusters of rose pink flowers

The worst thing that you can do to this plant is to over-water it. It will probably do best in fairly sandy soils, with minimal feeding.

I hope that this helps - good luck!

  • Posted: Sun. 10th March 2013 14:51

thank you

Reply from Sophia Malik

thank you, ive been slowly killing it... arghhh

  • Posted: Sun. 10th March 2013 18:02