OK
In progress indicator

Help! How would you tackle 2 problem areas in my garden?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Beth

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

As the title says, Ithe 2 problems are:
1. I've got a grassy/reedy plant growing in my garden which is spreading and taking over! (see 2nd pic). Should I cut it low and try to dig it out?
2. One level of the garden has completely been taken over by bramble and ivy. As you can see from the first picture attached it's very tall and rather intimidating! Should I cut it back and use weed killer? There used to be a lovely lawn up there but it got neglected when I had my kids!
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks
B

Help! How would you tackle 2 problem areas in my garden? (11/06/2013)Help! How would you tackle 2 problem areas in my garden? (11/06/2013)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 853
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Tue. 11th June 2013 13:28

Re: Help! How would you tackle 2 problem areas in my garden?

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Since you mentioned a weed killer, I assume you are not averse to using them. The best time to use a glyphosate product on the brambles is Fall when all the toxins are being taken in. You can use the same product on the reed, I notice you have desirable plants close by, you might want to cover them while you spray, or dip a throw away rag in the weed killer, and wearing gloves wipe down the reed.

• Posted: Tue. 11th June 2013 15:51

Re: Re: Help! How would you tackle 2 problem areas in my garden?

Reply from Beth

Great, thanks for your helpful reply. I didn't think of using a rag to apply the weed killer to avoid killing the nearby plants. Good idea :)

• Posted: Tue. 11th June 2013 20:34