In progress indicator

identifying plants

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from julie watters

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

hi i have several plants that i want to identify. they are in a friends garden and i want to know how i can take seeds from them ( if i can) to get them in my garden.
i have 5 pics so i will do 3 here then the other 2 i will do in another post. thanks

identifying plants (17/07/2013)identifying plants (17/07/2013)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 665
  • Replies: 7
  • Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 15:16

Re: identifying plants

Reply from julie watters

here are some more

Re: identifying plants (17/07/2013)Re: identifying plants (17/07/2013)

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 15:22

Reply from julie watters

and heres 1 last one

Re: identifying plants (17/07/2013)

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 15:25

Reply from Julieanne Porter

1st one looks like http://www.shootgardening.co.uk/plant/polemonium-caeruleum. Don't know 2nd. 3rd is http://www.shootgardening.co.uk/plant/centaurea-montana-blue, 4th some kine of Hebe, 5th not sure, some kind of Pieris?

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 15:38

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

if the first plant is blooming now it is galega officinalis, lady wilson, the second looks like lysimmachia punctuata, the other two are centaurea montana and a hebes of some sort, the last one could be pieris or mountain laurel depending on the flower.

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 15:46

Reply from julie watters

hi guys and thanks for your quick response i think elaine is right with regards the first one. and you both seem to be right about the last 2 but now i need to know which one of them particular family they are so i know how to collect seeds. elaine thank you for the second one i had found this onein the wild and fell in love with it so you can imagine how excited i was when i found the same plant in my friends garden :) . if anyone can possibly tell me which hebes and which pieres these last 2 are then i will be one very happy young lady.the second one i have actually managed to get some seeds from today so i will be planting them ready for next year once they have dried out :)

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 16:06

Re: Re: identifying plants

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Take a picture of the pieris when it is in bloom and maybe someone can identify it. There quite a few white and pink bloomers.

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 17:29

Re: Re: Re: identifying plants

Reply from julie watters

i will most def when it blooms. might have more chance then thank you very much for all your help. this website is absolutely fantastic and you all are brill :)

• Posted: Wed. 17th July 2013 17:36