In progress indicator

Hoya Carnosa

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Connie Williams

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Grown from a tiny cutting about 50 years ago, a massive Hoya Carnosa needs a new home. Trained up 6 foot canes in a pot it is dearly loved but I cannot repot or contain it any larger and am constantly snipping off the flowering stems. I would like to think it could go somewhere to be treasured, maybe in a conservatory or similar or even better somewhere like a hospice? Any suggestions?

• Views: 578
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 5th August 2013 11:33

Re: Hoya Carnosa

Reply from Rita

I have one of these too, and have found that chopping it right back to just a few stems 30cm long in the autumn will keep this plant in check, enabling you to continue to enjoy it!

• Posted: Sat. 24th August 2013 15:29

Re: Re: Hoya Carnosa

Reply from Connie Williams

Wow!!! REALLY??!? No??!!! Oooeer...... If that worked it would be fabulous. But I'm not sure I have the courage...... I think if I killed it I would have to jump off the pier! But....... it could mean that I could climb into the middle, give new supports and take a look at the compost..... I could take some cuttings first couldn't I? Think I need therapy first!! Rita, you are wonderful! Thank you so much; it has never occurred to me to actually prevent it from growing too large. Connie.

• Posted: Sat. 14th September 2013 14:13