OK
In progress indicator

Leaves going speckly - deficiency or disease?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Noflowers

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Last year, someone bought me a "patio rose" which lives in a big pot, away from other plants. It's been very healthy, with just a bit of rust and a few greenfly, which disappeared after treating with Bayer sprays for fungus and for bugs.

However, all the leaves are suddenly going a bit "speckly" and looking very dull. Any ideas what this might be? And how I should treat it?

• Views: 474
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sat. 10th August 2013 15:05

Re: Leaves going speckly - deficiency or disease?

Reply from Carol

Have you given it lots of water through the dry spell? You've just described all my roses (pot and ground) and they have all perked up and started putting out new shiny leaves since I watered them really thoroughly. I mean 3 or 4 times the volume of each pot and running the hose on the roots in the ground for several minutes.

• Posted: Sat. 10th August 2013 15:24

Re: Leaves going speckly - deficiency or disease?

Reply from Noflowers

Thanks for this suggestion, Carol. I have watered them most evenings, but possibly not enough. We're on a water meter now!

• Posted: Wed. 14th August 2013 16:10

Re: Re: Leaves going speckly - deficiency or disease?

Reply from Carol

Sounds like time for a waterbutt or a bathwater recycling project! I think some of the speckling on mine is blackspot - but some of it I'm sure is just being a bit water-stressed. But then maybe that's how the blackspot gets a hold!

• Posted: Wed. 14th August 2013 19:01