In progress indicator

See the world with a horticulture career

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Andrew Fisher Tomlin

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Before I worked in garden design and horticulture I had a career in financial marketing and worked with some of the big names and on some fab projects. What I never did was travel.

I have now had a career in horticulture and garden design for over 20 years and it has taken me around the world. A British training in horticulture is regarded as one of the finest and I have friends that have worked in Botanical Gardens in many different countries and it opens up connections to professionals and new friends everywhere. For example I can link a recent four week stay in Sydney to do the main show feature at the Australian Garden Show back to getting involved in the professional body for garden design back in 1996 and between then and now I have had a ball working with everyone from the RHS to local charities and obviously great clients.

My advice then is this, don't think that gardening is a solitary task that will have you in a quiet rainswept garden in England all your working life. It's a passport to the world, just get involved and you never know where it might lead.

Click image to enlarge.

See the world with a horticulture career

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 1131
  • Replies: 0
  • Posted: Thu. 24th October 2013 09:11