In progress indicator

Roses

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Claudia

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Can anyone suggest any roses similar to Bonica in another colour? I have a Bonica that flowers all summer and is flowering now in November. I would like more roses same height, resistance to disease etc.

• Views: 812
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Mon. 4th November 2013 21:51

Re: Roses

Reply from Apuldram Roses

Hi, The "Abundance" roses are good, very healthy and free flowering, they come in an assortment of colours, Pink, Cream, Red! Also the "Flower Carpet Roses", Red, Yellow, White and Pink. Not quite as big as Bonica but a less hard prune and they wouldn't be to far different.

• Posted: Thu. 7th November 2013 11:34

Reply from Claudia

Thank you. I will certainly look them up.
Claudia

• Posted: Thu. 7th November 2013 17:32

Reply from Apuldram Roses

Its the ideal time to buy them now as bare roots and get them planted, they will establish over the winter, whilst dormant, and have a good head start come spring.

• Posted: Fri. 8th November 2013 08:36

Reply from John Paisley

'Bonica' is an exceptionally fine variety, so there are no direct equivalents in other colours, but in addition to Apuldram's suggestions you might care to consider the hybrid musks such as 'Felicia', 'Cornelia', 'Buff Beauty', 'Moonlight', 'Penelope' 'Ballerina' & 'Prosperity'

Re: RosesRe: RosesRe: Roses

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Mon. 11th November 2013 12:40

Re: Re: Roses

Reply from Claudia

Many thanks. I have had success in the past with hybrid musks and these have grown very tall (Felicia) but a Buff Beauty and others which I bought two years ago are very short and spindly. Perhaps my soil means enriching, although when planted I do the right things such as using mycorrhizal fungi. I'll try again.
Claudia

• Posted: Thu. 14th November 2013 17:48