In progress indicator

Camellia

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Gitte Offredi

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Does anybody know the name of this Camellia. It start flowering from around mid autumn. I have got one name, but not sure if it is the plant. Not on Shoot list: camellia sasanqua kanjiro. Thank you

Does anybody know a Camellia like this one, but flower in autumn and is more pink then red? I have got one name, but not sure it's on the Shoot list: camellia sasanqua kanjiro.Camellia

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 547
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Sat. 21st December 2013 12:40

Re: Camellia

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

It is probably a cammelia sasanqua, look up the varieties, there are not that many in the sasanquas as in the Japonicas, so hopefully you will get a match.

• Posted: Sat. 21st December 2013 14:31

Re: Re: Camellia

Reply from Gitte Offredi

Hi Elaine,
I have checked and they all bloom in the spring! Mine in the autumn, that is the different.

• Posted: Sat. 21st December 2013 15:05

Re: Re: Re: Camellia

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

All the sasanquas are fall and winter bloomers, mine is blooming now, someone has got it wrong, but it is not me. Did you google it, I just did and it mentions that it blooms in fall, there is one called the Yuletide, it is red.

• Posted: Sat. 21st December 2013 17:14

Re: Re: Re: Re: Camellia

Reply from Gitte Offredi

Hi Elaine, and thank you for helping me out. My Camellia has been in bloom since early October and is still blooming! Anyway, I think you are right somebody got it wrong writing "spring". Mine is pink with yellow, so I will just pick one from the list even if it's not exactly the same.... and Merry Christmas.

• Posted: Sun. 22nd December 2013 14:43