In progress indicator

Trying to find this flower species please

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from sj

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi, I visited some gardens for charity last year and took a photo of a flower because it was attracting a lot of bees. I'd like to grow some for the bees in my garden this year. If anyone can identify it, I'd be so greatful! Thank you! :)

Click image to enlarge

Trying to find this flower species please

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 852
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Wed. 15th January 2014 18:54

Re: Trying to find this flower species please

Reply from Nicola

Hi sj beautiful plant! We have had a few replies from our Twitter followers. See here some suggestions of what your plant might be

Most popular option is Nectaroscordum siculum (syn. allium bulgaricum) If correct you can add to your plant list in Shoot to get care advice each month or buy this plant here

Please add your photo as an additional photo for this plant? We need more plant photos as we only have one currently. Thanks:)

Hope that helps, Nicola

• Posted: Thu. 16th January 2014 08:51

Re: Re: Trying to find this flower species please

Reply from sj

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for the reply and for sharing the answers from Twitter as I didn't see those :)

It does look similar to your suggestion but I'm not 100% sure, the bells on the one I looked seemed so much longer? But it could be the same! Either way it is very helpful to realize it could very well be an Allium.

What do you mean by please add my photo as an additional photo for this plant please?

• Posted: Thu. 16th January 2014 22:36

Re: Re: Re: Trying to find this flower species please

Reply from Nicola

Hi there, so glad it was helpful.

What I mean is for each plant in our A-Z we try to have a primary plant photo but we also allow our members to add additional photos - which helps us enormously to show other members more versions of the plant.

So you'd login, go to the Nectaroscordum siculum (syn. allium bulgaricum) page and click 'Upload photo' under our photo. (Note: I just looked and there is something wrong with the upload photo functionality. I'll write back once fixed).

Kind regards,
Nicola
p.s. it could be another variety of Nectaroscordum e.g. Nectaroscordum tripedale

• Posted: Fri. 17th January 2014 08:49