In progress indicator

Grevillea robusta - No flowers yet!

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Alan

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I've had 2 of these in my greenhouse for 2 years and they have yet to flower! This year I have moved them into my courtyard; one in the ground and one in a flower pot. (They grew well in the greenhouse, about 1m tall). Has anyone else grown these and got flowers?

No flowers yet!

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 430
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sat. 24th May 2014 21:05

Re: No flowers yet!

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

What are am I looking at? there are two definite plants, one lower down and one wispy looking, is the wispy one a callistemon?, the leaves have a eucalyptus type fragrance. Mine flowered once in the conservatory, then for some reason has not done so again, I don't know if it is not hot enough, I gave it a good haircut this year , lets see if that makes it bloom. I maybe pruning at the wrong time, since the Australian site says that they bloom on new growth that is hardened off, so maybe we both could learn something.

• Posted: Sun. 25th May 2014 01:40

Re: Grevillea robusta - No flowers yet!

Reply from Alan

It's the plant with whispy foliage. When I bought it at a flower show they had a larger display example, that was in bloom, so I know it can flower - lots of red flowers! I bought it from a small flower show in Southend and the seller lied to me and said it was hardy! It's not really attractive enough for the conservatory, hence the last hurrah in the courtyard - "kill or cure"!!

Re: Grevillea robusta - No flowers yet!

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Sun. 25th May 2014 07:35