OK
In progress indicator

There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Jacqui Brewster

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

• Views: 405
  • Replies: 6
  • Posted: Sun. 8th June 2014 20:04

Re: There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Did they bloom so scantily before?, peonies don't like being planted too deep and they do like sun.

• Posted: Mon. 9th June 2014 01:32

Re: Re: There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

Reply from Jacqui Brewster

Thanks. They do get a lot of sun, most of the day. And I didn't think they were planted deep, they were put in at the same level as soil. Anything else I can do? Do I need to feed them?

• Posted: Mon. 9th June 2014 07:48

Re: Re: Re: There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Yes, they are heavy feeders, a well balanced fertilizer is a good way to go for most plants, it takes the mystery out of fertilizing, I use a 16-16-16 mid March for all my plants.

• Posted: Mon. 9th June 2014 12:42

Re: Re: Re: Re: There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

Thank you for your help. I will try that next spring.

• Posted: Mon. 9th June 2014 21:37

Re: There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

Reply from C

How long have the plants been in the ground?, time and patience may be all that is required

• Posted: Mon. 9th June 2014 12:42

Re: Re: There are only 2 flowers on 5 plants. What can I do to improve this situation?

This is the 3rd summer.

• Posted: Mon. 9th June 2014 21:38